Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three piece suits

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
You're right sir. But the 3-to-button is starting to be shoved out the door after 20 years of acceptance. I remember when you couldn't get one in New York Friggn City unless you went high-end or custom. I dread the return of those days...

ebb

New in Town
Yes, a collar bar thats what i had on my mind. Dont know why i said tie bar. Thanks. Collar bars are cool anyone else wear them?

DocMustang

One of the Regulars
Surely this is a contradiction in terms? Linen suits are worn in two pieces, and then only on really hot days? I'm sure if you really wanted a 3 piece linen suit you could get one made but I think it would be a rare suit indeed.

A rare bird indeed. This one was available from Calvin Klein this year. It was sold as suit separates and required a good bit of tailoring to look right but the results are very pleasing. In the 90+ degree heat of a Florida summer it is truly a godsend.

101_1250-1-1.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I once had a 3-piece linen suit and must admit that I rarely wore the vest when temps climbed near 80 and never ordered a vest with any subsequent summer suits.

aliados

One of the Regulars
I LOVE 3-piece suits!

Haven't posted in ages, but simply had to brag:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...si=01z2TvrsLlphHk1fOq1BB5NGb%2B0%3D&viewitem=
Just received this Brooks Brothers, black pinstriped three-piece -- 4-pocket vest, three-roll-to-two jacket, watch pocket in slacks, 1960s Union label, fits as if it were custom made! I feel as though I robbed the poor seller!
But I have quire a few three-piece -- even a linen-looking HS&M one for summer wear. I wear them every chance I get (which is pretty much daily, October through March).
And no, the belt buckle never peeks out from under the vest (not solely because I wear suspenders, but because the suits I wear fit --God, The Mentalist
makes me cringe!

Chrome

One of the Regulars
I like three piece suits also, althou I don't wear my vests with double breasted jackets (except in winter, but then I also have my DB overcoat). I really also like to mix and match, two out of three from same suit and then something different. Great way to lighten darker suit or otherway around.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Oh, I want to see a photo of this combination, too. By your description only I just can't imagine that such a combination would look nice. Sounds very strange to me. No offense, gentlemen - maybe I'm wrong and it looks absolutely stunning!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. :) I originally didn't mention the white shirt and I think that without it the whole outfit wouldn't work. It's definitely unusual to pair a country waistcoat with a city suit.

I'm not sure whether a boater would work because this is not really a warm weather outfit, though I'll have to try it out when I get one. I usually just go with a grey or burgundy (if I want something more unusual) fedora to coordinate with either the tie or the waistcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy