Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

borisna

A-List Customer
This unique custom Aero Half Belt Deluxe pulls together a medley of brown hues and varied textures! There's a subtle leather two-tone with Dark Seal and Seal Vicenza, as well as two shades of shearling in the lining and collar. We can help you create your dream jacket with our easy fit jacket process that includes samples of leathers and linings! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a jacket and your spot in the queue--

[/URL]

View attachment 490098 View attachment 490097 View attachment 490096 View attachment 490101 View attachment 490099 View attachment 490100 View attachment 490093 View attachment 490094
What stitch thread color is that?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Reposted from our @thurstonbros Instagram today!

@luigivmario Spring time is a coming. All that Nov and Dec rain, never seen the yard so green. Finally get some shade this year I hope.
I think this Ridley is @aeroleatherclothing @thurstonbros best pattern and #leatherjacket . Never seen anyone look bad in it. In fact, ups the cool factor for boring people like me
1f601.png

@akubraofficial @redwingheritage @bravestarselvage to complete the look.
#ironheartarmy #heritagestyle

Ridley customer fit photo 1.jpg
Ridley customer fit photo 2.jpg
Ridley customer fit photo 3.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Board Racer in Blackened Brown Vicenza on the way to its new owner in New York! Rich black color with a beautiful luster that highlights the varied grain. This jacket was customized with changes to the waist taper, sleeve length and body length using our fit jacket process! When you are ready to start your custom Aero order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a stock jacket and your place in the queue--

Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V Royal Stewart tartan lining.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V back.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V chest pocket.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V name tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V handwarmer.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V yoke.jpg
Aero Board Racer Blackened Brown Vicenza N4V lower back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's hard to convey just how nice this Blackened Brown Vicenza is with a camera, but we try to capture it from every angle in all the detail shots! Aero Maxwell, size 44, with a Lochcarron tartan lining and Corozo buttons. Listing is now live on our Featured Stock page, along with a new crop of stock jackets--

Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 front.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 Chisholm Hunting Ancient tartan lining.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 back.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 tag.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 button cuff.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 yoke.jpg
Aero Maxwell Blackened Brown Vicenza RA4 name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Something a little wild, but solidly classic--Cream Vicenza Aero Board Racer! Pair it with dark denim and let the patina happen--

Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza Front 4 smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza Back 3 smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 navy cotton sateen lining.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 back.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 collar snap.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 name tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Board Racer Cream Vicenza LD3 yoke.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just delivered this stunning custom Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt in Blackened Brown Vicenza to its new owner in Ohio! He used our fit jacket process to dial in the sizing with a change to the waist taper and lengths. When you are ready to start your custom Aero order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a jacket for fitting!

Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 front.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 Royal Stewart tartan lining.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 back.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 tag.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 button cuff.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 yoke.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 side cinch.jpg
Aero Premier 1930s Half Belt Blackened Brown Vicenza 6B3 name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Love the rugged simplicity of this custom Aero 557XX! Black Vicenza with copper studs and a black moleskin lining...nice and warm for this extended winter weather. We have stock 557XX jackets ready for purchase or for fittings, so contact us when you are ready to start your order!

Aero 557XX Black Vicenza front.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza black moleskin lining.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza back.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza tag.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza chest pocket.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza cuff.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza yoke.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza back cinches.jpg
Aero 557XX Black Vicenza name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Stellar fit jacket photo for the Aero Board Racer! Not all fit jackets look this spot-on, but that's what our fitting process is for...to adjust the sizing and lengths for your custom build. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start the process!

Aero Board Racer customer fit photo 5.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero 557XX delivered to its new home in Wisconsin last month! Just the right mix of crazy weather to bring out the beauty in Natural Vicenza...sun, rain and the great outdoors are all that's needed to develop the color and patina.

Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 front.jpg

Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 olive cotton drill lining.jpg
Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 back.jpg
Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 tag.jpg
Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 chest pocket.jpg
Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 cuff.jpg
Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 upper back.jpg
Aero 557XX Natural Vicenza RC7 name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Springtime sun warming up Dark Seal Vicenza ☀️

@LordOfLeather Jacket: Aero Board Racer in dark seal Vicenza horsehide
Boots: Frye Paul Lace-up in cognac cowhide

#welovecustomerphotos #thurstonbros #vicenzahorsehide #aeroleather #aeroleathers #aeroleatherclothingco #aeroleatherclothing #gents #gent #dapperman #dappermen #welovetbhashtags #aeroleatherclothingcompany #aeroleatherclothing #leatherjacket #horsehidejacket #horsehide #caferacer #horsehideleatherjacket #leather #vegtanned #fullgrain

1683395263093.png

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's the right time of year for a lighter jacket in a lighter leather and the Aero Board Racer in Vicenza is the one for job! This customer fit photo is a great example of the slim silhouette of this style. We have Board Racers in stock and incoming, so if you are looking for your size, contact us and we'll help you find the right one--

Board Racer customer fit photo.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're going to finish out the week with nothing but Ridleys! Custom Aero Ridley with Three-Pocket front design, no belt and a one-piece back design with kidney panel. Our fit jacket process dialed in the sizing for a northern California customer with a change to the waist taper and lengths. You can learn more on our Custom Aero page--

Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 front.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 Wilson Ancient tartan lining.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 back.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 tag.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 name tag.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Ridley Three-Pocket Blackened Brown Vicenza DU3 upper back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This classic custom Aero Buco-style Board Racer was recently delivered to its new owner in Georgia! Black Vicenza lined with one of our favorite lightweight Lochcarron tweeds. This is a great time of year to use our easy fit jacket process for your custom Aero order! We're into summer time production for a faster delivery before the fall arrives--

Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 Dornoch Check Tweed lining.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 back.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 name tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide JB3 yoke.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Our A-2 inventory is starting to fill out this summer! We've recently added A-2s in sizes 44, 46, 48 and 50...check out the new stock here--

Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 front.jpg
Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 tan cotton lining.jpg
Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 back.jpg
Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 collar.jpg
Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 knit cuff.jpg
Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 name tag.jpg
Aero 15142 A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza B93 upper back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Check out this fantastic addition to our Gently Used and Vintage page! Aero Premier Highwayman in Russet Vicenza with a heavyweight Lochcarron lining (not too heavy...it's very durable, yet perfect for mild fall weather). We have this jacket and many more listed on our website--

Aero Premier Highwayman Russet Vicenza Horsehide JM Gently Used front.jpg
Aero Premier Highwayman Russet Vicenza Horsehide JM Gently Used McLeod of Harris Ancient heavy...jpg
Aero Premier Highwayman Russet Vicenza Horsehide JM Gently Used back.jpg
Aero Premier Highwayman Russet Vicenza Horsehide JM Gently Used tag.jpg
Aero Premier Highwayman Russet Vicenza Horsehide JM Gently Used chest pocket.jpg
Aero Premier Highwayman Russet Vicenza Horsehide JM Gently Used sleeve wrinkles.jpg

bobjones

A-List Customer
Hi all, been a long, long time - years since I perused these exalted forums.

I am thinking of kicking the tires on a new jacket, and the lighter weight vicenza HH might be the right path given that I'm now 15 years older than when I bought my last Aero and my shoulders can't carry the weight of a FQHH for a full day like I used to. I love my Stockton and Highwayman made of FQHH but I'm physically unable to wear the Stockton for more than a few hours or my shoulders start to give out.

As such, not having to break in a FQHH jacket again would be preferable. If the Vicenza was not an option I might have gone with the rolled or pre-beaten up FQHH, or maybe even goat as the weight itself is an issue.

How much lighter is the vicenza compared to FQHH? And what color selection would be the closest to the standard brown of the chromo-excel? It is interesting that there is not a straight-up brown (russet, maybe?) that is the vicenza brown equivalent to brown.

Also would need to figure out what style I'd go with, since I prefer as "civilian" and simple a look as possible.

Any of the forum's real old-timers still around? Any major changes at Aero since 2009 or so I should be aware of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo