Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Hi all...I have a 1920's Work Coat on order in Dark Seal Vicenza and am anxiously awaiting its arrival in (hopefully) a few short weeks! I am very interested in any reports and pics from those who have Vicenza jackets and have had them a few weeks or months as to how they are "wearing". Anyone have images and feedback they would care to share? Obviously at this point its too late to switch to regular or tumbled fqhh as I have a January production slot....but hoping I made the right choice and hoping some images and experiences will help ease my mind!
Thanks!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Worf..."thinner than you imagined" ....sounds like too thin in your opinion? Any shots of you wearing it?

Not yet... but soon. It's a "mid-weight" hide compared to the other Aero FQHH jackets I currently own. Not a "problem" per se... just an observation for use and wear.

Worf

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Aero A-2 in Dark Seal Vicenza FQHH!

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Italian smaller version 2.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie,

I assume you'll be announcing some Super Bowl specials soon? :eusa_clap

Exciting times up in the NW!

It's already getting crazy around here--Go Hawks!

^ Thats a real nice dark seal. Retains its brown tone, as opposed to some quasi-black dark seals

+1, not sure if it's the lighting but that's my favorite shot of the dark seal so far.

I think the brown knits help showcase that its actually a deep brown and not black.

Dark browns are always difficult to photograph! The dark brown knits bring out the brown color easily...a nice tartan does this as well! Here's another Aero in Italian Dark Seal. This J107 has contrast stitching and a Check Tweed from Lochcarron!

Aero J107 Italian FQHH smaller version.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
A custom Aero Cafe' Racer with a Board Racer collar in Black Italian veg-tanned FQHH just arrived...this customer requested an extra grainy hide and this jacket delivers! This lighter leather is tough, but needs no real breaking in...and it shapes perfectly with age and wear! Give us a call if you'd like to get Italian hide samples with an Aero fit jacket to create your custom order...

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Cafe' Racer Black Italian FQHH smaller version.jpg

Aero Cafe' Racer Black Italian FQHH 2 smaller.jpg

Aero Cafe' Racer Black Italian FQHH 3 smaller.jpg

Aero Cafe' Racer Black Italian FQHH 4 smaller.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo