Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Maxwell in Black Vicenza FQHH!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Maxwell Black Vicenza FQHH tag.JPG

Aero Maxwell Black Vicenza FQHH chest.JPG

Aero Maxwell Black Vicenza FQHH front.JPG

Aero Maxwell Black Vicenza buttons.JPG

Aero Maxwell Black Vicenza back.JPG

GregO

One of the Regulars
That last jacket looks much better in person -- it's draped across a chair in my office as I write this. I was originally worried about all the modifications I made to the standard café racer (delete shoulder gussets, straight yoke, delete kidney panel, board racer collar, sleeves zips set on top of sleeve like the BR rather than the standard racer, etc.) but it turned out nicely. Pretty much a modern take on a J-100 is what I was going for. The new seal color Vicenza is certainly darker than before -- in a good way. Much closer in shade to the Horween CXL brown in my opinion. It looks like the spread between colors in the Italian hide has evolved nicely with the darkening of the seal and the lightening of the dark seal.

I originally got a board racer but it just didn't work for me -- WAY too tight in the shoulders. I have broad shoulders and a smaller waist (typical athletic build), and the BR just didn't work in the shoulders. I had plenty of room in the torso, but couldn't move my arms.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Carrie, I would like to give you and Wade my sincere thanks for providing the services you do. It was great to go through all the customizations I wanted and be able to discuss them with you. You provided a fit jacket that allowed me to get an absolutely perfect fit. Providing a means to purchase Aero jackets while bypassing the shipping and customs fees is a godsend. I absolutely love my Maxwell jacket. I didn't think i would like anything more than my sunburst but this Maxwell is beautiful. Thanks so much.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Welp I placed my first custom order last week. The phone conversations and subsequent emails were all top notch. If my jacket (Custom Black Teamster in Italian Horse) is half as good as my service thus far... I predict I'll be one happy camper. Congrats Jiagernaut on your new jacket.

Worf

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Thanks Worf. The teamster is the only other jacket i want. I know yours will look great with that leather. Its funny. I hear Sam L Jacksons voice when reading your comments.

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Worf...exactly the jacket I've been contemplating...Black Vicenza hh Teamster! (Not that I can afford it right now)....

That would make a third "button-front" jacket for me...but first in black (which I need...well, ok maybe not NEED but WANT).
Very interested in seeing yours when it arrives!

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Anyone have images on the black vicenza hh as it "wears in"? Specifically interested in heavy wear areas...does the black wear through to brown?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well Jaegernaut, I wish I had Mr. Jacksons fame and wealth then I could afford any jacket I wanted!!!!! Eggcarton (great handle) I ordered it with storm cuffs, Veste de Rallaye pockets and light tan contrasting stitching. I think that'll be a good combo.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo