Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

GregO

One of the Regulars
It comes down to how dark the current batch is. The 1756s I've seen tend towards the darker end, but not quite the original Aero deep brown. This is a nice example I found: http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/j...ker 1756/20140731_164945.jpg.html?sort=3&o=23

Based on (1) the pic you shared showing the look you're going for, and (2) the seal Vicenza jacket I just received, I would suggest that you go with the dark seal. The regular seal is milk chocolate, the dark seal is dark chocolate, and it looks like you're going for dark chocolate. The regular seal, in my opinion, is pretty close in shade to regular brown CXL FQHH.

Just my 2 cents.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The regular seal, in my opinion, is pretty close in shade to regular brown CXL FQHH.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree, when I had the Vicenza Seal Half belt that i returned in hand, I laid it on top of my 2 Brown FQHH jackets and the colour was as close to identical as I could tell. That was the main reason I changed the remake to black...I just had too many of the same colour jacket already.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, I would like to give you and Wade my sincere thanks for providing the services you do. It was great to go through all the customizations I wanted and be able to discuss them with you. You provided a fit jacket that allowed me to get an absolutely perfect fit. Providing a means to purchase Aero jackets while bypassing the shipping and customs fees is a godsend. I absolutely love my Maxwell jacket. I didn't think i would like anything more than my sunburst but this Maxwell is beautiful. Thanks so much.

Hi Jaegernaut,

Your Maxwell turned out to be quite the showstopper--it was fun to photograph all the features with the contrast stitching! We're looking forward to more Vicenza jackets coming through with interesting "twists" on the design...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's a beauty--Aero 38 Contract A-2 in Dark Seal Vicenza FQHH!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza tag.JPG

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza FQHH front.JPG

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza chest.jpg

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza epaulet.JPG

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza back.JPG

Aero A-2 Dark Seal Vicenza upper back.JPG

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Based on (1) the pic you shared showing the look you're going for, and (2) the seal Vicenza jacket I just received, I would suggest that you go with the dark seal. The regular seal is milk chocolate, the dark seal is dark chocolate, and it looks like you're going for dark chocolate. The regular seal, in my opinion, is pretty close in shade to regular brown CXL FQHH.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes, I'm tending in that direction too. The dark seal has a nice boiled sweet sheen to it. I'll need to look at the hide 'full-out', so to speak, to get a sense of the colour. That 38 contract is stunning!

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Congrats worf. The black Vicenza in the flesh is really something special. The pics truthfully do not do it justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo