Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero August in Seal Vicenza Horsehide with light tan contrast stitching...adding a bit of contrast in the jacket design is key to bringing out the depth of the color in the Vicenza leather! Light tan stitching is great for a more dramatic contrast, but Olive Drab works well as a more subtle option!

We make it easy to start the custom Aero process with a fit jacket; check out the details of this process on our website: https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide Oban Check Tweed lining.jpg
Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide cinch cuff.jpg
Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero August Seal Vicenza Horsehide back grain.jpg

Last edited:

RJR

Amazing off-the-rack size 44 Aero 1930s Half Belt in Seal Vicenza Horsehide offered on our Sale Page--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/sale-page/products/aero-1930s-half-belt-size-44-seal-vicenza-horsehide

If you want to build your own custom Aero, check out our easy fit jacket process--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

View attachment 50871 View attachment 50872 View attachment 50873 View attachment 50874
I like the contrast of the leather and tartan lining.

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
Carrie, the leather on these last 2 jackets is incredible! I've poured over this (and the main Insurrection/Thurston) thread and had one of many questions.

In the first 5 pages when you were receiving the first shipments of Vicenza, the leather was very glazed/marbled looking. As the different shipments came in, I believe you even mentioned that the color had become more and more uniform (less color variation). And now all the new jackets have perfect color evenness. Was a different tanner used in the beginning that was providing more varied results? The early hides look completely different than the current ones. I love the glazed look of the early ones, but also love the new ones. Just curious.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, the leather on these last 2 jackets is incredible! I've poured over this (and the main Insurrection/Thurston) thread and had one of many questions.

In the first 5 pages when you were receiving the first shipments of Vicenza, the leather was very glazed/marbled looking. As the different shipments came in, I believe you even mentioned that the color had become more and more uniform (less color variation). And now all the new jackets have perfect color evenness. Was a different tanner used in the beginning that was providing more varied results? The early hides look completely different than the current ones. I love the glazed look of the early ones, but also love the new ones. Just curious.

Hi Witchtrip,

Good eye! You are exactly right...we've changed the Vicenza Horsehide specification twice--the first time to get a more even color throughout and a second time to get more initial grain. The Vicenza jackets are now pretty even in color and very grainy (even from the get-go...day 1) due to changes in leather specification. From my point of view, the Vicenza is better than ever...the jackets that are coming through are absolutely stunning!

Hope this helps...

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
It totally helps, thanks for the fast response!

When I ordered my premier HWM in May, I was hell-bent on FQHH (which I still am) but as I've spent more time with these threads, the lure of Vicenza has caught me in it's spell. I still prefer very smooth leather (as I know it will acquire grain with wear), so I'm wondering if the 2 jackets above (dark seal 30s HB & black Board Racer) are as smooth grain as you are seeing in the new Vicenza. That HB is gorgeous!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It totally helps, thanks for the fast response!

When I ordered my premier HWM in May, I was hell-bent on FQHH (which I still am) but as I've spent more time with these threads, the lure of Vicenza has caught me in it's spell. I still prefer very smooth leather (as I know it will acquire grain with wear), so I'm wondering if the 2 jackets above (dark seal 30s HB & black Board Racer) are as smooth grain as you are seeing in the new Vicenza. That HB is gorgeous!

We can specify the Vicenza as "Smooth" for individual customers. To do this, Aero simply selects the smoothest Vicenza in stock for your order...we just have to make sure that it says "Smooth" on your order form. With regards to the jackets above, we can do smoother...below are some photos of a Vicenza order that was specified as "Smooth Black Vicenza Horsehide."

Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide cotton sateen lining Smooth.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide front Smooth.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide sleeve zipper Smooth.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's a very rich, dark, deep Navy Blue...very nice! You can see the depth of the color by zooming in on the photos in the link above...Cafe' Racers, Board Racers, Type III jackets, A-1s with Caramel Knits, Half Belts, Ridleys, Sheenes and Sevens will be excellent in this new Navy Blue...

Having seen it in the flesh, it's not an overpowering blue - it's almost a deep denim blue, rather than a hard electric or metallic blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21