Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

I can't get too enthused after it was mentioned that this veg hide would develop darkened areas with wear rather than the lighter character on high spots and creases as many other differently tanned hides.
HD

Edward

Bartender
I can't get too enthused after it was mentioned that this veg hide would develop darkened areas with wear rather than the lighter character on high spots and creases as many other differently tanned hides.
HD

Interesting how different hides develop, isn't it? I'd like both approaches, I think. I'd especially have a preference for a black jacket which darkened rather than lightened on wear points! Borwn and cordovan look grrat with a bight of lightening here and there, but I've never been as struck on that look with black.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Aero Plainsman
Full Grain Horsehide
Vegetable Tanned
Traditional Tuscan method of slow tanning (pit tanning) using only natural vegetable extract
Thickness: 1,1 – 1,2 mm
Color: Seal

www.thurston-bros.com

Plainsman Front 08061.jpg

Aero Plainsman 08062.JPG

Aero Plainsman 08065 (1).JPG

Aero Plainsman 08063.JPG

Aero Plainsman 08064.JPG

Aero Plainsman 08065.JPG

Aero Plainsman 08066.JPG

Aero Plainsman 08067.JPG

Aero Plainsman 08068.jpg

Aero Plainsman 08069.jpg

Aero Plainsman 080611.JPG

Aero Plainsman 080612.JPG

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie,

How much is that Plainsman jacket selling for? It looks great

This particular Plainsman is specified in the Italian veg-tanned horsehide, which has a $200.00 up-charge over our base price of $1,099.99. It also has a specialty liner (Berry Check cotton), which is $40.00 extra. That's a total of $1,339.99...the Plainsman is a great jacket and the Italian leather works so nicely with this design!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Carrie, you hit a home run with the seal Italian HH.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Italian Black Vicenza Full Grain Vegetable Tanned Maxwell...absolutely beautiful and great for a customer looking for a great Aero style in a tad lighter leather!

Full Grain Horsehide
Vegetable Tanned
Traditional Tuscan method of slow tanning (pit tanning) using only natural vegetable extract
Thickness: 1,1 – 1,2 mm
Color: Black

Vicenza Horsehide Maxwell for Fedora.jpg

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
I placed my order for the August Production. However the information I received was that the Vicenza jackets will be delivered early October.

andyfalzon

Vendor
HD

Veg. hide darkens when it is untreated/unfinished. Like those wallets shown earlier. Veg. tanned hides made for jackets are finished and will age like you want them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB