Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Nice Aero Board Racer in Olive Vicenza Horsehide! This is a custom order that was modified to perfectly fit a female customer. Our Aero fit jacket system works great for women as well--contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start a custom order! You can read more about our fit jacket process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide black cotton sateen lining.jpg
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide 32 tag.jpg
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide collar.jpg
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide sleeve.jpg
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide shoulder grain.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Beautiful custom Aero Long Half Belt off to its new owner in Iowa! The Long Half Belt can function as a cold weather jacket with a quilted rayon or alpaca lining, or as a three-season jacket with a lightweight wool or cotton lining. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket for your custom Aero order. We include leather and lining samples to make is easy to build your dream jacket!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Long Half Belt Black Vicenza Horsehide 46 Quilted lining smaller.jpg
Aero Long Half Belt Black Vicenza Horsehide 46 front smaller.jpg
Aero Long Half Belt Black Vicenza Horsehide 46 tag smaller.jpg
Aero Long Half Belt Black Vicenza Horsehide 46 chest pocket smaller.jpg
Aero Long Half Belt Black Vicenza Horsehide 46 back smaller.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We have a new Vicenza offering! This leather is called “Blackened Brown” Vicenza Horsehide. It’s a black semi-aniline horsehide with a brown nap side. The photos below show a Black Vicenza Horsehide (left) and Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide (right) side-by-side. You can see the deep brown hue of the Blackened Brown…the difference is subtle, yet quite interesting! The brown color on the semi-aniline jacket will peak through with wear, giving the leather a ton of character as it ages. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to order your Aero jacket in the new Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide!

Outdoors--Black and Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide 1.jpg
Outdoors--Black and Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide 2.jpg
Indoors--Black and Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide.jpg
Outdoors--Black and Blackened Brown Vicenza Horsehide 2.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Id be very interested to see how this one develops Carrie, sounds like it might be a great hide with wear.

In terms of browns peaking through, I think you can expect the Blackened Brown Vicenza to wear a lot like overdyed CXL or "tea core" Shinki. We already have a ton of orders for this leather and have completely sold out of our sample batch (in one day!!!). I think we're going to have to make this a standard Vicenza choice to accommodate demand!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Board Racer in Black Vicenza Horsehide! This modified Board Racer just shipped to its new owner in the Bay area! Note the shoulder gussets on the back...nice feature if you need a little extra room for movement. We have Board Racers in stock in sizes 34 through 46...contact us to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom Aero order!

Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 olive lining smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 front smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 tag smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 collar smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 sleeve zip smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 back shoulder gussets smaller.jpg
Aero Board Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide 29 shoulder gussets smaller.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
@Carrie @ Thurston Bros. - is there anyone who could/would make this?

We can do one of these with either Vanson or Aero! Going the Vanson route, the jacket would be chrome-tanned cowhide. Going the Aero route, the jacket would be veg-tanned horsehide. Get in touch with us and we can get a fit jacket headed your way!

*The original Bates would have been chrome-tanned cowhide.

Vanson Custom--

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-vanson

Aero Custom--

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
That blackened brown looks mighty tantalising. Black but with character and depth.

If we decide to make the Blackened Brown a standard Vicenza offering, I think it's going to pose a difficult dilemma for our customers. While technically aniline leathers are judged to be nicer (a richer, more natural finish!) than semi-aniline leathers, the semi-aniline Black will have slightly better stain resistance and will patina quickly with beautiful brown undertones.

Graemsay

Practically Family
@Carrie @ Thurston Bros. - is there anyone who could/would make this?

@ButteMT61 I've been tempted by a replica of that jacket...

You could approximate it with an Aero Sheene or Seven. Some of the details might be a bit different, such as losing the shoulder and elbow reinforcements, or the shoulder gussets, but wouldn't be that noticeable.

Alternatively, you could give John Chapman a call, and see whether he'd modify one of his café racer patterns to match it.

If you wanted to get the stripes, letters, and numbers sewn on, then someone like AM Leathers (in the UK) could cut them. Vanson could probably do it in-house.

Let me know if you decide to get one. I might have thought about this a bit myself. :p

We can do one of these with either Vanson or Aero! Going the Vanson route, the jacket would be chrome-tanned cowhide. Going the Aero route, the jacket would be veg-tanned horsehide. Get in touch with us and we can get a fit jacket headed your way!

*The original Bates would have been chrome-tanned cowhide.

Vanson Custom--

Aero Custom--

Problem is that I am a 48. I see your fit jackets etc only go to 46.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
@ButteMT61

You could approximate it with an Aero Sheene or Seven. Some of the details might be a bit different, such as losing the shoulder and elbow reinforcements, or the shoulder gussets, but wouldn't be that noticeable.

This is correct...this is the way we'd go about an Aero replica for this jacket...
Problem is that I am a 48. I see your fit jackets etc only go to 46.

Nope...we currently have Aero and Vanson fit jackets up to size 52!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
@ButteMT61

If you wanted to get the stripes, letters, and numbers sewn on, then someone like AM Leathers (in the UK) could cut them. Vanson could probably do it in-house.

Let me know if you decide to get one. I might have thought about this a bit myself. :p

We could for sure have Vanson do the stripes in house...I think we could have Aero do the stripes in house as well...here's an Aero Board Racer with stripes--

Aero BR Stripes 2.jpg
Aero BR Stripes 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner