Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TNO 30s Halfbelt

Cole

One of the Regulars
I bought this jacket from another member of the filmjackets.com forum and are the 3rd owner as far as I know. It is the TNO Surrogates jacket in style of the typical 30s halfbelt. I like the leather a lot and the distressing is so good, that I had to hold back and not hit it with some Vanson leather balm (the Pecards is still in the mail).

I haven't had much opportunities to take pictures in the last few weeks, so the pictures are not ideal.

The jacket fits well considering the fact, that it was made for someone else. It could be a wee bit tighter, but that is only a matter of personal preference. Personaly I like it a lot and think it is a keeper. Thanks to the warm weather here in Germany it gets a lot of wear right now. :)

tnos2.jpg

tnos1.jpg

tnos3.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Looking good.

Why don't you just get some Elephant Leather Preserver? It does the job just as well as Pecards and as a German product it is much easier to obtain for us Krauts.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That jacket looks very good, and based on the picture, I'm not too sure I see a need for leather balm. The jacket has enough room in the body to allow you to layer; better a tad too big than too tight. Does any of the labeling inside tell you what the leather is?

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I think that's a stunner. I wouldn't change the fit at all. The body fit is superb IMO, exactly what I'd want. The only thing that I think is that the sleeves could be 1/2 inch or so shorter but in truth that's really not a biggie and being pedantic.

If I was you I'd hang onto it and wouldn't do a thing to it (and that includes no Pecards, or any other leather dressing whatsoever). It suits you and is a great looking jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very nice indeed. So much nicer to see the jackets being worn. Pictures are great. Tony Nowak is a new name to me. He is a maker?

T.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very nice indeed. Like the pictures of the jackets being worn. Nice photos. Tony Newak is new to me, a maker?

Thanks, just saw your reply.

Terry

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nowak made jackets in LA, often for movies. Most famously he made the jacket for the last Indiana Jones film. He was a former body builder.

Cole

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind words, guys and don't worry, I will not hit it with pecards or anything like that. I like the distressed look as it is.

nice Jacket! Who made the cap? Is it a Stetson?

Yes, it is a Stetson, but don't ask for the model, because I can't read the tag anymore. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy