Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tomorrow is 6-6-6...

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Is there anyone superstitious and planning on not going out of the house tomorrow or maybe just the opposite and throwing a party ???

Me, it's my "Turn Around Day"...I'll get home at 7:30 PM tonight only to get up at 1:50 AM tomorrow to be at work at 3:00 AM until 11:00 AM. So I'll probably sleep through most of it.

And yes, I realize it's actually 06-06-2006.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Now that you mentioned it, it is kind of weird...but since I'm going to be vacationing at the beach and it's supposed to be beautiful weather out there...I'm going outside! Sadly to say, I'm superstitious...though I don't think even the mister know's just how much! ;)..full moon's make me a bit nervous still [huh]

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'm just looking forward to reading about the "concerns" of people who don't have enough to do or enough perspective on the world. Some of them will surely be exorcised about it (pun intended).

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Seriously though, nothing's going to happen...will be just like any other day. It will pass and those who got all worried and worked up about it will laugh at themselves ;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah Scotrace, for me too it's D-Day. Even when I 1st saw the Omen commercial all that registered was Omaha beach and such. The devil crap is just silly.:)

S

Samsa

J. M. Stovall said:
Gee, I wonder if Satan goes by the Roman Calendar? Even though he is eons old he probably likes to keep up to date with such things. He must also have one hell of an administrative assistant.

Actually, I believe Bible scholars now tend to think that the number is not really 666 but 616. So he would have been keeping an eye out on the first of the month...

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure his assistant was aware of that. I didn't get the memo.

And I guess that would also depend on how you arrange that date. Doesn't America display the month and day opposite from Europe? So that would have been January 6.

Caledonia

Practically Family
666 as a superstition doesn't really mean much, although I'm with you Mysterygal on the full moon thing. Definitely spooooky out there! I tend to walk under ladders, step on cracks in the pavement, but I admit that my exam table number was 13 the last time, and I'm waiting with baited breath for the result.:rolleyes:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Samsa said:
I live in Michigan, not too far from a small town called "Hell."

Does it ever get really cold there? 'Cause if Hell ever freezes over, a lot of people are gonna have to do things they don't want to! ("Hell will freeze over before I visit your mother's place again!" "Hell will freeze over before I shop at that store again!" etc) lol

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Benny Holiday said:
Does it ever get really cold there? 'Cause if Hell ever freezes over, a lot of people are gonna have to do things they don't want to! ("Hell will freeze over before I visit your mother's place again!" "Hell will freeze over before I shop at that store again!" etc) lol

Very Funny.

ortega76

Practically Family
I'm "celebrating" by going to see the re-make of The Omen (I loved the original plus the movie theatre has quarter popcorn! After all these years, the smell of popcorn and a movie playing in the dark makes me feel like I'm a child again- sitting in the theatre with my father and brothers.

I was (and still am in private) a "metal-head" so I'll be cranking heavy metal all day. Mostly just for grins.

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
Tomorrow is D-Day...

'nuff said!

But just for the sake of argument, why isn't it actually 6606? Or 060606? And wasn't there a 66 in 1906? If we use only one digit to denote the year, what about June 6th 1996? See the point? As someone else said, it's all poppycock. Which I think is a nicer word that the one I would use which is frequently abbreviated "bs."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24