Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tonight on tv Casablanca with explained voiceover??

waingirl

One of the Regulars
Has anyone come across this before? Tonight at 8pm, Casablanca is on TCM. As the movie goes along there is a woman's voiceover that explains what is going on and what the scene looks like. I have never seen this before, first I thought there was something wrong with my cable. The information for the movie doesn't say anything out of the ordinary. Strange.[huh]

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's their "Descriptive Voice Service" or something like that. For those who are blind or with limited vision, it tells them what's happening. You activate it by turning on the second audio program (SAP) with TV's equipped with it.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
Whew! I think I fixed it! That was annoying! My dog must of set that up for me when he sat on the remote!! lol lol

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I had SAP on a PBS station some years ago. The animated opening of "Jeeves and Wooster" was made all the more amusing by hearing the person try to describe it. I watches a Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes like that also and found that smaller details were even described, I presume they thought anything could be a clue.
I also had the Narrative Television Network years before that. I found the explanations of the actions in Cyrano to be lacklauster and annoying.

I'm glad you found your way out of it. It reminds of an episode of "Friends" wherein the monkey, Marcel, put the television on SAP and they couldn't get out of having shows in Spanish.lol

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart