Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tootal - The Company History and its products (ties, scarves etc)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
You would expect such designs to be in the 'Sports Quality' range. But I believe 'green quality' was used for sporty designs. i will have to check mine.

Now you need to find the same print on a cravat and a scarf!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Yes I'd be interested to know - it's the first 'Green Quality' that I've come across that isn't some measure of plaid/check. What's more, I've never myself come across any 'Sports Quality' ties with any sports on them! I've only ever seen them on this thread. I look forward to the day!

Matching tie, cravat, and scarf - the holy triumvirate!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
I bought these off of a friend of mine today. All in really good condition.

Two 'Red Quality' ties - I especially like the red and white one. It's incredibly crisp.

Two 'Black Quality' ties. The green/grey one is rather odd I think. Not a typical pattern, but nice nonetheless.

And the best in my eyes - A 'Popular Quality', with a white label. It is in unbelievably good condition, still silky to the touch, and I think the colours are superb.

Thanks for looking!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The final one is a stunner. Really, really nice. Just my type of tie.

The two black quality ties are interesting. I am sure both prints were made in different colours. I will have to check but I am sure I have the grey/green one in a print that is ever so slightly different.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Thanks TT, it's definitely gone to the top of my list. Lovely and bright for summer.

I'd be interested to see your alternate pattern. There's seems to be limitless patterns for Tootal!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It's a terrible habit. I would encourage you to give it up right now .... and, when you feel tempted to buy one, send it to me instead. You'll feel much better.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I think we'd all forgotten about Tootal dressing gowns:
11536495_1496197857271835_4618670992481010974_o.jpg

11429952_1496197900605164_4063250388196504689_o.jpg

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
A couple of Tootals I came across today. A 'Boys' tie, in the style of a 'Green Quality' in a great pattern (a shame it's too short, and has a small repair to it - I'd wear it!) and a puppytooth 'Black Quality'.

Also saw these on Ebay - really weird 'Black Quality' ties - they look like Terylene to me but the labels say Rayon. Both with different labels too. Looks like they started weaving the pattern near the end of the 'Black Quality' run. Really odd.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOOTAL-BL...585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee2b14381
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOOTAL-BL...198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c549c6626

I can only assume these were running at the same time as the 'Gold' and 'Silver'?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner