Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traditional biker jacket with a little bit of modern touch

rnx

New in Town
Hello,

After two months waiting I got my new baby home today. Custom tailored from heavy steerhide (loosely based on old Harley-Davidson jackets), wool and cotton drill lined and with removable mouton collar. Fit is pretty good, although could be a little bit better, probably I just have gained few pounds after Christmas :)

Main zipper is vintage #10 Talon, all others are some no name heavy duty #8 size, tailor said that he has used these few years and haven't had any problems yet. Inside are two hidden vertical pockets. Leather is 3.5-4 oz steerhide, could be a little bit more shiny for my taste, but it's really smooth and feels very nice to touch.

Few crappy pictures too:

7.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Looks good, who made it? They did a great job on the mouton collar! It doesnt look too oversized, looks almost fixed.

Congrats!

That's a great jacket! Looks like a cycle champ alright. As others have asked...who crafted this fine M\C jacket?

samo

One of the Regulars
It looks really very nice. I am wondering what kind of leathers a Raivo can supply?

Last edited:

samo

One of the Regulars
Mostly cow and steer hides - this one is made of steerhide imported from Russia.

Thanks mx,

i become quite intrigued as Raivo has acess to the Russian leather, according to my knowledge birch bark tanning should be something the best there is.

rnx

New in Town
Thanks mx,

i become quite intrigued as Raivo has acess to the Russian leather, according to my knowledge birch bark tanning should be something the best there is.

Well, as long as I know, this hide seems to be chrome tanned. It's flesh side is blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn