Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treasure chest in the mail today

JEEP

Practically Family
I got this nice little box in the mail today:

Lot01.jpg

I paid next to nothing for it at an online auction.

The box contains lapel pins, shirt studs and cufflinks -most of them quite old.

It was wery hard to see what was in the box on the pic in the auction - but it was worth the gamble :)

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Thanks. Indeed the box itself was worth the price.

I have just realised that the shirt-studs are from a vintage nurse's uniform - my grandmother, who was a nurse, had dosens of these lying around. I think that my mother has them now. I'll have to ask.

Two of the lapel-pins are K.F.U.M. (that is the same as Y.M.C.A.) related, it is the small blue and white one and the large one with the Jesus monogram (PX). What the pin with the M, the red rose stands and the crown stands for I haven't found out yet.

The all brass lapel-pin must be a tailor's lapel-pin, showing a pair of sissors, a measuring device and an iron.

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Not likely I'm afraid, the red rose has never been a symbol of the danish royal family - and the crown is not a danish one either. Maybe it's british. The red rose is a commonly used symbol for the Lancaster family - whom we all know should have won the Wars of the roses *ducks* :deadhorse

/Jakob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy