Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trifecta of Leather jackets this week

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
You guy's are going to hate me, three new to me jackets this week. I picked up a 25 year old Brand New Vanson Comet. The previous owner bought in the early 90's and then sold his bike so he never wore it. Talk about new old stock, it has the vintage Talon zippers too.

I'm thinking of sending it off to Alan at Johnson Leathers to shorten the sleeves an inch and half, not sure yet.

My wife's going kill me, when my Aero arrives from Holly. LOL
IMG_0195.jpg IMG_0196.jpg

philosophy101

A-List Customer
You guy's are going to hate me, three new to me jackets this week. I picked up a 25 year old Brand New Vanson Comet. The previous owner bought in the early 90's and then sold his bike so he never wore it. Talk about new old stock, it has the vintage Talon zippers too.

I'm thinking of sending it off to Alan at Johnson Leathers to shorten the sleeves an inch and half, not sure yet.

My wife's going kill me, when my Aero arrives from Holly. LOL
View attachment 40096 View attachment 40097
Hate you, no. Envy you, yes! Great looking jacket. Yup, got those Vanson extra-long sleeves. As far as the wife going to kill you, well, in my experience more likely it's gonna COST you. Do the math: (Vanson X 2) + Johnson = ( Surely there's something she wants ...) ;)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great score! Maybe an inch off the sleeves, maybe not. Wear it for a month or two, see where they end up with a bit of creasing. Well done to you!

Edward

Bartender
Looks great. I'd hold off on shortening the sleeves for a season or two, see how it breaks in. They may ride up with wear.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hate you? Nah..... I wouldn't say that...... I thought about it for a bit then called my boy and cancelled the "hit" I'd put on you. How can I be mad at anyone when I've a brand new custom Barnstormer lurking in the wings just waitin' for the temps to drop again.... Glad you're getting new gear and loving it! Glad you're getting new jackets and posting it! If all this good fortune sends snookums into a tizzy you can always hide out here in the land of the "all night hamburger" for a bit till things cool off.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR