Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Five Train Case

lise1914

New in Town
Have you all seen the Two Five Train Case? I've been using mine for a year now (I bought the brown croc one that looks like Marilyn's in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes!). It's kind of pricey, but really beautiful. I use it every day and I love it!

I really, really wish this company would make a full-size hatbox in the same materials. Then I'd be a happy girl forever.

http://www.twofiveinc.com/the_case.htm

Blondie

Practically Family
I have the flaming pink one,
the lining is fabulous !
pink2.jpg

pink.gif

Josephine

One Too Many
Those are really nice! I desperately want one that matches my Belber luggage set, but I don't think I'll ever find one. I keep haunting eBay though. :)

Luggage1.gif

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
oh, WOW! I would love a matching train case and mini tote. The train case is out of my budget right now, but the tote would make a cute purse.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Wow those are cute but expensive!:eek:

Vintage train cases are really easy to find and not that expensive to buy. They are also very easy to redo the inside of with a cute fabric. That's what I have done with mine.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Those are so cute! I've been looking for a nice train case in my price range forever.
Blondie, that pink one is gorgeous!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I spent all night last night looking for a vintage one on eBay. There are a TON of them on eBay. Last night's choice was between a super cute one with some scratches or a mint condition one in a color that isn't my fav. Hubby recommended going with the mint condition one since it was in better shape and a well-respected name brand. If I win it tonight, I'll post pics.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Josephine said:
Those are really nice! I desperately want one that matches my Belber luggage set, but I don't think I'll ever find one. I keep haunting eBay though. :)

Luggage1.gif

Josephine, that matched Belber set is absolutely gorgeous! If I ever see the matching train case, I'll grab it for you. I started a thread a couple of days ago in The Display Case about vintage luggage - how about posting them over there as well so the rest of the luggage junkies can drool over them.

R

Red_Lipstick

Hello everyone :)

I found that website last week and I fell in love with the case, but it's a bit pricey...
I want to get something to keep my make-up in order instead of piled in a bag like it's now :p I was thinking of trying to find an old small suitcase, but I'd feel sorry if I got make-up stains in a vintage item...

Josephine

One Too Many
Warbaby said:
Josephine, that matched Belber set is absolutely gorgeous! If I ever see the matching train case, I'll grab it for you. I started a thread a couple of days ago in The Display Case about vintage luggage - how about posting them over there as well so the rest of the luggage junkies can drool over them.

Thanks! I did post in the Luggage thread over in General Attire & Accouterments when I got them. I tried finding that thread before to post in your thread, but was just able to find it.

ps I got them both for $25.00 :D

Warbaby

One Too Many
Yep, that's the thread I was looking for and couldn't find when I started my thread. I'll PM one of the bartenders about merging the threads.

BTW - That white edge trim on your suitcases is rawhide - it's nearly indestructable and was often used on better luggage. You don't need to use any leather dressing on it - it's supposed to be rock-hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL