Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two New Alexander Leather Jackets Ordered ..........

Plumbline

One Too Many
PLEASE ... no company bashing ..... I'm a buyer of GREAT leather jackets, I can't be bothered with the politics !!!

Drifter – 44” .. my first bi-swing backed M/C jacket ... thanks to Edward & Others :)

Vintage Brown Steer
Std. lining style – Blanket (Muted Stewart new wool from Highland Tweeds - very soft but thick)
brown cord / moleskin bottom ¼
two G1 style inside pockets
no storm cuffs ... this is button cuff anyway)
moleskin pocket bags

Long Rider - 44” .... Spring and Autum (Barnstormer and VDR are too heavy)

Black Grainy Steer
full lining ( sleeves as well) – Lochcarron "Auld Scotland" Lambswool ( very fine but warmish)
black cord / moleskin bottom ¼
two G1 style inside pockets
no storm cuffs
moleskin pocket bags
Removable Black Mouton Collar

both linings provided by me ( bought direct) .... it would have been easier ( and cheaper) for Alexanders' to get them but I had them so sent them up.

Two weeks turnaround ... will post pics when they get here.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
No judgements... I'm interested in seeing em on a live body. They don't make em in my size so I've no temptation at all anyway.

Worf

Heiko

Familiar Face
Why are major and sloan so critical of Alexander leathers--are they a threat to Aero

schitzo

Suspended
Yup, glad you got there. schitzo. Hope you weren't in two minds:eeek: Crystal ****ing clear

say Major, if I don't dig on Plumblines' jackets when he gets 'em is there another company you could point me in the direction of? I value your input

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Hey, that's what folks believe, my friend. And if it says so on the Internet, it must be true....

No, here's what you do.......

You post the details when you order it.

THEN you post more details with pics when you take delivery...

And then post more pics to ask us if they are too big.....

But it's not advertising, really. No no. Perish the thought:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

hey, don't know you, dont care, the guys just posting what he ordered.

I have to say that I find some of the "I don't care about the Aero/Will drama, I'm ordering" very interesting. I mean, Mark Moye was hung by his virtual 'nads here. Yet, we are to believe a lot (not the OP as far as I know) of folks who popped up here supporting the new venture don't care about the accusations by Aero/Horween?
Dunno folks. I know enough of actual shady posting here and elsewhere to question some of the stuff I'm reading. Sure, no trial has taken place; nobody is guilty yet, but if I were spending 1000"s of $$$/£££/€€€, I'd surely wait for some real signs of legit business - not "sold out" models of a new lineup.

schitzo

Suspended
I have to say that I find some of the "I don't care about the Aero/Will drama, I'm ordering" very interesting. I mean, Mark Moye was hung by his virtual 'nads here. Yet, we are to believe a lot (not the OP as far as I know) of folks who popped up here supporting the new venture don't care about the accusations by Aero/Horween?
Dunno folks. I know enough of actual shady posting here and elsewhere to question some of the stuff I'm reading. Sure, no trial has taken place; nobody is guilty yet, but if I were spending 1000"s of $$$/£££/€€€, I'd surely wait for some real signs of legit business - not "sold out" models of a new lineup.

Butte, the only thing that is apparent at this stage is that none of us on here knows what went down. Horween have made their feelings known in the statement and as one of the players involved that carries some weight. On the other hand the staff who followed Will to the new company are, one might argue, better placed than anyone to make a judgment call, and their actions surely have made clear what they think. From my POV I don't know what the problems were, or neither do I especially care about that. My only concern here is that this place should hold some impartiality, so that the members - in other words the unaffiliated consumers who have an interest in this type of thing - can read honest and impartial reviews and then make up their own minds accordingly. Is that too much to hope for? Personally I really dislike this partisan BS we are constantly force-fed on here. It's unnecessary and I don't think it helps anyone's 'cause'

Schitzo,
Of course. I do think those that have a life and don't know all the details are well served to know about some of the funny business before dropping hard earned money. Look what happened with Aero USA. He'll, some of us were even called shills for Mark M because we gave favorable reviews of his service, pre-debacle.
That coupled with what we DO know, and other BS, means I'm not giving any suspicious folks my money. If you and others choose to, I have no issue with that. But to say there's nothing to worry about is not good advice at this stage.

Heiko

Familiar Face
Schitzo,
Of course. I do think those that have a life and don't know all the details are well served to know about some of the funny business before dropping hard earned money. Look what happened with Aero USA. He'll, some of us were even called shills for Mark M because we gave favorable reviews of his service, pre-debacle.
That coupled with what we DO know, and other BS, means I'm not giving any suspicious folks my money. If you and others choose to, I have no issue with that. But to say there's nothing to worry about is not good advice at this stage.

I would not trust your advice as when it comes to more abstract matters, but in this case erring on the side of caution certainly does make most sense.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm pretty sure Plumline already has an Alexander Leathers jacket, which he purchased sight unseen.... I recall he is very happy with the fit, finish and process.. As he mentioned up front the wait is weeks not months.

schitzo

Suspended
Schitzo,

It's a fair point, but then again to say that there is, at this stage, would also not be sage advice.

Perhaps it's that British trait of instinctively rooting for the underdog that makes me want to defend Alexander - as after all they are the 'David' in this stand off. As we each know, aero have great leather and they make great jackets thus they will no doubt continue to prosper. It's probably knowing this that makes the self elected defenders of the aero brand on here that much harder to stomach. I don't know. The other thing that doesn't sit easy with me is how fickle some folks can be. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that Will and Amanda could do no wrong. Now what? Are they both untrustworthy off the back of some of one side of a story being published on here?

I don't know that much about the MM affair - it didn't affect me - but from what I did read this comparison seems a bit harsh

Underdogs? Dude, I've never won a bet in my life. I do nothing but bet the underdog. I just have grown skeptical of people since living through many dramas here (and VLJ). I have no horse or steer in the AL saga, If there is one. However, the awful state of advertising in the forums and "customers" lauding certain businesses made me give this up once. I sold all but four jackets. Down from ~14. That's a lot of horsepoop.As to the comparison. It's not direct. But ask Aero how "trivial" the cleanup has been. It almost killed their business. Serious stuff.

Underdogs? Dude, I've never won a bet in my life. I do nothing but bet the underdog. I just have grown skeptical of people since living through many dramas here (and VLJ).
I have no horse or steer in the AL saga, If there is one. However, the awful state of advertising in the forums and "customers" lauding certain businesses made me give this up once. I sold all but four jackets. Down from ~14. That's a lot of horsepoop.

Agree with you.
Having allowed myself to be lead down the garden path a time or two by some of the "marketing" and glowing reviews on the forums I've learned my lesson when it comes to taking a "lets wait and see" attitude before spending my hard earned cash.
Sometimes I read something that reminds me of the story of the "Emperor's New Clothes" and can only shake my head in wonder.
Time will tell. I let others be the guinea pigs now.

Last edited:

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
I've certainly benefitted from not only the depth of knowledge shared on this site, but from the breadth of experiences as well, which in my case opened my world to brands other than Aero. Plumbline has already posted up about his first jacket ordered from Alexander Leather and it certainly appeared to be a quality item that he is happy with.

I'll admit that I had a chip on my shoulder for the way Aero originally handled their announcement by posting it exclusive to this forum, which is very non-professional in my mind. Then I took some time to think about it and realized that Aero is still a very small operation and they don't have a marketing/PR department like I'm used to. For better or worse, they spilled their guts here. The Alexander folks kept quiet on this except for some content that appeared on their own website early on that definitely contradicted what we heard from Aero. In the end, I realize that it will be up to the courts to work things out. I doubt that I'll buy a jacket from either business at this point (I've already spent more on leather jackets than I had first planned) but I wish them both well and hope that these two businesses are able to move forward successfully. As far as I'm concerned, the more options we have as consumers, the better off we are.

schitzo

Suspended
well Butte, I can agree with that 100%. It's the advertising and that alone that gets my goat. That's why, even though I feel like he sometimes goes in a bit too hard, or perhaps when it isn't completely necessary, I'd never question HD when he launches one of his anti advertising offensives. In my mind the role he carries out in those instances is in the best interests of this place, and we'd be better off if there were a few more like him

Personally I wish aero continued success and, purely on a personal level, I hope that Will and Amanda will do OK too, since they always looked after me very well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner