1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Unexploded WWII Bomb

Discussion in 'WWII' started by Stearmen, May 9, 2017.

1. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

2. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

They turn up so frequently it doesn't merit much attention anymore. There are such explosives all over the European and CBI Theatres.

3. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

I've mentioned this before, but one day a street was blocked off in the neighborhood of my kid's school. While building a house, construction workers had uncovered an unexploded WWII bomb.

4. Warden

Warden One Too Many

5. Edward

Edward Bartender

I wonder if this sort of long-term effect was ever thought about when those bombs were dropped!?

6. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Warmongerers are not bothered by their actions. Whilst you and I live by the ballot, they achieve their goals by the bullet.

7. Royohboy

Royohboy New in Town

I believe it was to some extent. AFAIK at least some German air-dropped sea-mines and some British bombs had devices to defeat any de-fusing attempts on duds.

Edward likes this.
  8. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Isn't there a tv program called UXB?

9. EngProf

EngProf A-List Customer

"Danger: UXB" - It was a BBC series from a long time ago (1979). In my opinion it was the best British dramatic program ever made. I'd very much like to see it again if I could.