Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic B6 Question

Robert C

New in Town
Folks,

As you all know I'm new around here. Last year I bought a US Authentic B6, it was my first jacket purchase and long before I knew these boards existed. From what I've read, I understand their A2 is not the most accurate. My question is, how accurate is the B6 I've got. If you had to rate it for accuracy on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) what score would you give it? If you had to rate it (on the same scale) for value (accurracy vs cost) what score would it get? Finally, what score would you give it for quality (materials and workmanship)?

I do want to say, I am very happy with the purchase. Service was great, jacket is very comfortable, and I think I made a good choice. I just want to know what you other folks think about US Authentic's B6. Maybe you could also give me some input on their D1.

Regards,

Robert Calandriello
still a novice

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Robert I had a M 444 from Willis & Gieger that was actually made by US Authentic and the sheepskin was wonderful. I had Aero leather put in a NOS WWII Talon and salveged side straps and it turned the jacket into one heck of a repro. I sold it a couple of years ago and wish that I hadn't. If you're a freak like me and zippers and sidestraps need to be as close to an original as possible then US Authentic might not be a choice but if you want a really nice sheepskin jacket thats not as much $$$$ as some of the more authentic makers its a good alternative.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Robert, some pics of your B-6 please...

Hi Robert. Pop some pics (front/back/side profile) up here and the boys will take a look at it. As Allen kindly pointed out, what we can do is have a look and 'suggest/advise' (that's all it would be) how you might 'tweak it' if that's what it needed (ie: zip change, belt change, elboy patch change..etc). All depends on how much authenticity you want and why you wear it.

If nothing else, it's always great to have a peek at another guy's flight jacket! As it's not uncommon for folk to look at a lower priced jacket and come out saying:" wow! that's really good value for money and suits my needs and pocket!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24