Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Wings jacket sleeve length

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
All: I did some searches but couldn't find anything specific. For those who own a Wings jacket, does the sleeve length tend to run average with the S, M, L sizing or did you notice that the sleeves are at the "maximum" length (usually too long)? Looking at goatskin, which I suspect will shorten in time anyway by a bit.
Yes, would rather get a Wested, and not intending to start a discussion on one brand vs another, but can't afford Wested at current exchange rates.
Any sizing comments regarding US Wings would be appreciated.
Thanks very much!

Michaelson

One Too Many
On me, I've found them to run a bit short, but I have to have 25 inch sleeves for them to work for me, so go figure! (grins)
To get my sleeves right, I usually have to size up, as you have to factor in ride up at the elbows on leather jackets. You'll lose at least an inch or more in the wrinkles that develop in that area, and if the cuffs end right at your wrist or are a bit short right out of the box, it will only get worse. It's a win/lose type situation with Wings jackets, as to get the body right, the sleeves may be to short, and yet if you get the sleeves right, the body may be a bit big. I always tend to err to the larger end of the scale myself. Regards. Michaelson

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Michaelson: Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I have little short arms, so I may be in luck with the body size vs the sleeve length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters