Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USA Members: I Need Your Help.

Lady Blue

Familiar Face
store #2780 in Chicago IL (1441 W Webster) there were about 4 copies in the second to last row of a large 3-tiered rack in the mens interest section. They were behind a lot of magazines and so high up that they were difficult to locate. You would really have to know its there and be looking to find it. One thing I noticed though is that every one of them was cut on the binding twice-it looked like a very poor box or plastic binding cutting job. There were none in any power towers.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Lady Blue said:
One thing I noticed though is that every one of them was cut on the binding twice-it looked like a very poor box or plastic binding cutting job. There were none in any power towers.

Page cuts on my issue (not binding) bought at #2922; also, none in tower.

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
Lynchburg, VA Store #2026

Issues were in both the power column and in the Men's Interest section, though these were high up and drifting into the transportation section. Emboldened by other comments posted here, I think I'll go back and move them to a more prominent location.

Lonn

Familiar Face
how well

Hi,
Several folks have commented on seeing only one or two copies and presumed sold well. Is that true? It looks great so I would not be surprised.
Also, I have long held that this culture is hungry for quality and doesn't seem to know what to do about it. It is difficult to get out of the box. Especially if there is only one box in town. I'm thinking Home Depot, Ross, strip malls.
I consider myself fortunate. I live in Seattle. I have been buying hats at Byrnie Utz since I can't remember and the first jacket I actually bought for myself was a Schott g-1 from the Surplus store on First.
What better way to loose the grasp of "more, cheaper, more, cheaper" than to acquire a little style. And I have not found a better group to learn how from.
I hope this is selling very well. It would help my faith in humanity.
Is it?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anchorage, AK (not sure on the store number, don't know where to look)

In Men's Interest's back row, top right. I'm 6'2" and that puts me in a lean to reach it, the title was about 6'4" off the ground.

There were 6 copies and, from much lower than my eye level, you would barely be able to see the title. I moved a couple up front.

Also in the "Our Pick's" tower, bottom-most section, facing away from the aisle and toward the wall of racks, 4 copies.

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
#1944 In San Jose Has It

I had an appointment down in Cupertino today, so I went the little bit extra down Stevens Creek to visit Barnes & Noble store #1944. They had a plentiful supply in the Men's Interest section. I wandered throughout the store, but didn't see Classic Style anywhere else. It's a large store with what I interpret as power towers throughout, so it's possible I missed it.

I have on my list #1971 in Redwood City, #2936 in Hillsdale Mall, #2208 in Tanforan, and #2604 in Colma. I'll hit those when I'm out and about over the next week or so, unless somebody else gets there first.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
January 31 (Wednesday) I bought a copy at the B&N at the Summit in Birmingham, AL.

I went to the Men's Interest section and after scanning in vain for several minutes could not find it there. I then walked by the 'Power Column' (I didn't even know it had a name), saw them there and grabbed one.

Markbcvg

New in Town
First Post

Thought this was a good opportunity for a first post.

Found Classic Style mag at Barnes and Noble #2615 in Cincinnati, Ohio this evening. It was in the Lifestyles section, very bottom of the rack, back row. There were 3 (now 2 :) ) on the shelf. This store did not have power towers.

Mark

BitterEpiphany

Familiar Face
Amusing story. My boyfriend went to Las Vegas last weekend on business and, as he was walking through a B&N he saw a magazine and thought of me. So, yesterday, he's telling me about this magazine he almost bought for me - it's headline article was the Return of the Hat. I thought absolutely nothing of it - not a thing at all until I was sitting here looking blankly at the computer screen about six hours later and the connecting train out of New York slammed firmly into the one out of Chicago - DUH!

But yes, it was in it's two appropriate locations and I got to make a joke about bringing sexy back. :)

Elaina

One Too Many
2241 Southlake, TX: Had 3 copies in the store. One in men's, one on the tower, and one in the hands of a grubby 14 year old kid, who wanted the mag, but couldn't afford it that day and was planning on getting it next month now that he knows it's here. He and I talked about vintage fashion, the mag and this site until I had to go be "local author" for half an hour, and I bought if for him before I left. Maybe you'll get a new reader.

Phil

A-List Customer
Skokie, IL 60077
847-329-8460
Store number: 2552

Found in back on bottom shelf, I moved them to an open spot on the front of the top shelf.
Found on top of power tower.
Found at front register impulse magazine rack.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
About 2 weeks ago, there was a copy of Classic Style in the Men's Interest. I am not sure where their power shelf area is but I didn't see any on the towers but then I wasn't really looking for them there. They had one copy there and it was tucked behind other magazines and I recognized the top of it only because I had seen it before. I bought the copy to help sales and because it had pics from the 2006 QM (the copy I had didn't have those pics).
Store #2584 in Arlington, TX.

When I am back in there, I'll check again.

Dalexs

Practically Family
B&N right next store to Home Depot... totally forgot to stop in.
1 more reason to go back! Report forthcoming.
HJ, which stores downtown have you checked?

Dalexs

gobler

One of the Regulars
Ok a little late but the B&N in West Covina #2650 did/does not have any copies. I asked about it and they gave me that blank stare like I just spoke Martian. ad no idea what I was talking about. Kinda pissed me off since that was the only reason I go there, to pick up MakeUp Artist mag (usually three copies in poor shape) and now CS. :mad:

Jeff

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Lake Zurich, IL

Found in the men's section, buried, 2nd row. I pulled them out so they were more visible. No tower sighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails