Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valkyrie

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
How about this advance shot! I may actually have to go see a Tom Cruise movie :eusa_doh: .
ValkyrieMovie.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Pretty sure that's Wehrmacht and not SS.

Also, he looks paunchy and silly, not good at all.

Sorry, he's a looney cult leprechaun in my book.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
griffer said:

Got me on the uniform. But "looks good" should be translated from the ironic to mean - "looks like a plonker".

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Here I am thinking this was a thread announcing a live action version of the old comic book heroine. And here I get friggin' Tom Cruise. :eusa_doh:

That must be the film that the germans are up in arms against. They're not only coming out against Cruise and scientology, but they're apparently disgusted with the fact that an american company has decided to try and depict one of their national heroes. Personally, I hate Cruise enough to skip the film entirely.

Richard

Hondo

One Too Many
Don't feel bad, me had the same thought, busty babe :eusa_doh:
Yeah thats right its not SS, (Like thunder bolts ZZ) collar would have "SS" not those (II) on his collar.

LocktownDog said:
Here I am thinking this was a thread announcing a live action version of the old comic book heroine. And here I get friggin' Tom Cruise. :eusa_doh:

That must be the film that the germans are up in arms against. They're not only coming out against Cruise and scientology, but they're apparently disgusted with the fact that an american company has decided to try and depict one of their national heroes. Personally, I hate Cruise enough to skip the film entirely.

Richard

Doh!

One Too Many
He looks like an action figure.

Hopefully, it's a good movie; the true story it's based on is intriguing.

Naphtali

Practically Family
I know zip about the movie. I will not see the movie. . . . Having written that, it is clear from the graphic that Cruise portrays Claus Stauffenberg, the ineffective hit man for the anti-Hitler conspirators in July 1944. If this is inaccurate, my curiosity is piqued. Why make him up to look like Stauffenberg?

Edward

Bartender
griffer said:

Speaking as a member of the Irish community on FL, I take exception to the use of the term leprechaun in this context, sir! :p lol

Actually, I like that he's short, and falls far short of the Aryan male body ideal - I'm not certain how alike the real guy he's playing that he is, but it seems to me pretty much none of the top Nazi boys fit the Aryan ideal that Hitler espoused. He at least looks believable to me. I'm definitely not a fan of Tom Cruise, but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with this film.

Hmmnn..... a loony cult midget..... maybe he should be playing Hitler, then. ;)

griffer

Practically Family
Edward said:
Speaking as a member of the Irish community on FL...I like that he's short, and falls far short of the Aryan male body ideal..

Speaking as a German, I take offense of your use of the term 'Nazi'.

The colonel was dissallusioned with the Nazi party and was against the Nazis. And actually, the real Colonel cut a rather dashing figure, not the silly one Cruise cuts.

Keep in mind, in American pop culture, the leprechaun has about as much to do with real Irish culture as piza has to co with Italy or Taco Bell with Mexico.

In other words, don't be offended, yee wee lil' man! :p :p :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner