Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vertigo: Then and Now

Hondo

One Too Many
Yeah thanks cool link, I grew up in S.F. during the early 60's how the times have changed, also since the earthquake.
I also hate starbucks, only go there if I can't find something else, just a reg java cup, thanks for sharing.
:cool:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jake431 said:
Reminds me that I hate Starbucks.

While looking at vintage photos, I've noticed that Coca-Cola had branded the landscape much more egregiously than Starbucks yet without rebuke. Interesting?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Feraud said:
Vertigo is one of my favorite Hitchcock films. One day I am going to make a San Francisco trip just to see those locations!
You should. It's worth it. It is a wonderful city and "Vertigo" shows it in a nice light.
Also, don't forget the steps of City Hall for reenacting the final scene of "Raiders" or for the scene in "Dirty Harry." Though, now there are metal detectors beyond the doors that Harry Callahan strolled through.
Also, when in San Francisco, don't forget the Dungeness crab.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Pilgrim said:
Someone REALLY went to a lot of work to match locations in those shots so closely. Really interesting!

Actually, I don't think that it would be that difficult or time consuming. Snag a dozen screencaps and then cruise the different locations to take the corresponding snaps. Of course, the proximity of the various locations to each other would impact travel time, so choosing a centralized urban center would facilitate a faster shoot. I may give this a try.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24