Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 50's Sears Hercules Horsehide MC jacket!!

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
Just took some quick and dirty pics of this Vintage 50's Sears Hercules Horsehide MC jacket. Sending this off today to get a NEW lining and replacing the main zip with another vintage one as it is ripping away. These pics are before applying Pecard's leather dressing, which afterward makes this jacket SOOOO SUPPLE!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE the piping which is exclusive to the Sears Hercules brand during this period and also the 2 stars on the epulets!! The patina is AMAZING with UNBELIEVABLE grain showing throughout and I think the fit is FANTASTIC although difficult to see and would probably be even better with a proper working zip. Love the original zips all around and VERY pleased OVERALL!!

Will update with NEW pics after the change of zipper and new lining.

Cheers,

Bruce

rimg0031.jpg

rimg0029.jpg

rimg0023.jpg

rimg0024.jpg

rimg0026.jpg

rimg0077.jpg

rimg0082.jpg

rimg0073o.jpg

rimg0075.jpg

rimg0068.jpg

J

john z

Fantastic jacket. I've looked at many Sears & Windwards from the 50s & have wanted badly to own one. Both makers at the time made the body to fit only those of us blessed with the athletic V shaped build. In fact both makers at the time seemed to exaggerate the shape by producing jackets with disproportionately large measurements around the body under the arms in relation to the other measurements. I think the rear view you posted bears this out somewhat.

This unfortunately precludes me, with my straight up & down torso, from wearing one comfortably. So I've had to find jackets from other makers with not such an idealistic view of their clients athletic build lol

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
Very well put about the cut of the jacket...

although in the back pic I think it is slightly off as the bifold section is stretched out. It seems that the jacket took this shape while being stored and sent to me BUT after the Pecard's treatment , the hide is MUCH SOFTER and the fit is a little better. When I get the jacket back from repair I will post more pics.

I still think that you should try one anyways even though you might not think the fit is for you!! ;)

Cheers,

Bruce

john z said:
Fantastic jacket. I've looked at many Sears & Windwards from the 50s & have wanted badly to own one. Both makers at the time made the body to fit only those of us blessed with the athletic V shaped build. In fact both makers at the time seemed to exaggerate the shape by producing jackets with disproportionately large measurements around the body under the arms in relation to the other measurements. I think the rear view you posted bears this out somewhat.

This unfortunately precludes me, with my straight up & down torso, from wearing one comfortably. So I've had to find jackets from other makers with not such an idealistic view of their clients athletic build lol

himelator

Vendor
Boyz wear

john z said:

The build is because this one was part of their youth line, fedelity marketed at boyz and teenagers...thus the wide shoulders and narrow waist, blame not the jacket for the middle age drift!

http://vintageleatherjackets.blogspot.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy