Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Aviation Photos-

beezee95

New in Town
Hi I'm new to the forum and I was looking for some information on this collection of aviation photos I picked up. I'm taking the assumption that these photos aren't originals because I looked underneath one of them and there was no markings of any kind. Also, theres a little bit of typed writing in the bottom left or bottom right corner of each photo. I'm assuming that would not be there if these photos were originals. The planes all seem to be prototype planes of some sort from what research I did. Although these photos are not original, they look really old, some looking older than others. Each photo is approximately 3.5x5 inches, but the edges are not perfectly straight, as if someone cut them out by hand or a non-modern machine cut them imperfectly. I was able to find a few of these photos online, but I was not able to find most of them.
The following planes are the ones photographed in order, with the words flying or grounded to describe whether the picture of the plane is in air or not:
north american tf-86f sabre jet flying
hawker hunter flying
north american rb 45c jet flying
republic rf-84f thunderflash flying
chance vought f8u-1 and f7u-3 flying
north american f-86e sabre jet flying
supermarine attacker taking off/flying
ryan xf2r-1 dark shark 1946 flying
martin b-57 jet british canberra flying
hawker sea fury flying
northrop p-61 "black widow" flying
fairchild r4q usn flying boxcar flying
northrop xf-79 flying ram flying
northrop yrb-49a 6 jets flying
northrop n-1 m grounded
lockheed u-2 jet grounded
boeing b-29 super fortress flying
fairchild xc-120 pack plane grounded
boeing b-17 flying fortress fying
vicker's viscount liner flying
northrop f-15 photo recon flying
republic xr-12 rainbow flying
bristol bombay type 130 flying
martin bomber grounded
republic sex-3 grounded
ryan yo-51 dragonfly 1940 grounded
north american na-57 french grounded
boeing xp-936 1932 grounded
chance vought xf4u-1 1938
ryan pt-22 recruit 1942

There is one typo in the print of the photo description that I noticed on the Northrop XF-79 Flying Ram. I believe the XF-79 should have said XP-79

Here are some photos

http://s1304.beta.photobucket.com/user/beezee95/library/Vintage aviation photos?page=1

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hi Beezee,

Those are original photographs, but where produced I believe for promotions in the aviation world? They were produced around the mid fifties or so. The edges are normal if some of them are real wavy that is the way they came out of a cutting machine. But the ones you showed are normal cut. I have seen other pics. like them before and you have some nice planes, also some very rare ones of the experimental types.

Mike

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BeeZee95, Welcome to our world! Now, scan some of thos rascals and put 'em up for us to drool over!!! Keep in mind that good scans and reproductions may well sell on eBay to avid collectors around the world - you many have a little treasure trove on your hands!

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot