Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bar Ware: Identification & Value Guide by Stephen Visakay

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I have a like-new copy of VINTAGE BAR WARE: IDENTIFICATION AND VALUE GUIDE (1997) to offer to some lucky Lounger. I can find no flaws to this book. It has one of those thick, plastic-coated covers and has been sitting on a shelf untouched for a decade or more.

The cheapest price for a near-fine copy of this out-of-print book at Abebooks.com is $135.00 (a former library copy is priced at $68 there). A seller on eBay has it at a Buy It Now price of $179.95. It can be had in like-new condition at Amazon for $99.38.

I'll sell it to the first lounger who claims it for $70, plus the full price of shipping via the method of your choice (I don't mind shipping abroad, but you must cover all the costs).

Post here then send me a PM, please, and be prepared to send payment via Paypal.

barware.gif

Here's a description from Amazon:

Vintage Bar Ware gives identification and values of cocktail shakers, stemware, ice buckets, serving trays, recipe books, paper collectibles, cocktail picks, swizzle sticks, and more. There's also a section of classic cocktail recipes, special chapters on the bar ware manufacturers and the guest star designers, as well as tips in caring for and finding bar ware at bargain prices. Over 300 color pictures. 2000 values.

AUTHOR BIO: Hailed as one of America's top 100 collectors by Art & Antiques Magazine, Stephen Visakay has canvassed the world for cocktail shakers and vintage bar ware for over 25 years. He invites all of us to share in his knowledge - and his passion - for these fascinating and unique relics of our past in his book Vintage Bar Ware. Visakay's vast collection has been featured in seven museum exhibitions, and his collection totals over 1,800 pieces.

REVIEW: This book gives a look back at the spirit of a more graceful time in our nation's history, a time of elegance and glamour. The aesthetic value of cocktail cultural artifacts is receiving a wide recognition, not only as beautiful objects to use and enjoy in one's home, but as the documents and artifacts of history.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy