Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

pretty faythe

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
Has anyone seen this one at their Target store? It's polka dots but not showing up well in this pic.

B000LWIFP4.jpg

Goldwyn girl, if you are looking for it, I saw it the other day at the Target on Charleston and Nellis. I wish I had more time while I was there to try some on, but I was just there for kitty food.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Intrigued

Ladies am intrigued about the dresses posted. I think they would be short on most people, but as I am very vertically challenged, things seem to be a good length on me! The polka dot dresses and top have come and fit lovely.

I am definitely not allowed to spend any more!

Keep 'em coming though, I love to see what you are all buying! :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
JC Penny has some really cute denim cuffed capri pants on sale this week...for those of you who like that casual 50's look they are great! They also have a sleeveless gingham button-up top on sale in black, red, and light blue...I am going to get one of those too.

Here are what the capri's look like...
0900631b8119dd0fM.jpg

Ooh, I just found a high-waited skirt and a really cute fuller skirt...
0900631b811b6968M.jpg

0900631b81128cd7M.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
:p

Self control, ladies - it's highly overrated.

At least all the things I post are under $50! I'm frugal ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly

I have been very bad this week.

Kim

Hey I just bought two pairs of pant for $9.99 each. I'm frugal too! And needn't worry there. I have no self control.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I just found these cute puff-sleeved retro-styled blouses from Chadwick's:

http://www.chadwicks.com/product.aspx?PfId=99806&DeptId=8560&producttypeid=1&ViewAll=1

They're only $24.00, but I can't decide which color to buy - either the navy and white stripe, dark red or deep sea colors. I have clothing that would match all three, so I can't decide. Which do you like best? I'm kind of leaning towards the navy & white stripe. I have a camel-colored pair of wide-legged trousers that the navy and white stripe blouse would look cute with.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Kim_B said:
JC Penny has some really cute denim cuffed capri pants on sale this week...for those of you who like that casual 50's look they are great! They also have a sleeveless gingham button-up top on sale in black, red, and light blue...I am going to get one of those too.

Here are what the capri's look like...
0900631b8119dd0fM.jpg

hey kim, are those capris by Lee? if they are, here's a warning, if you didn't already buy them... i got those last summer, and they're already so faded out that i won't even wear them. if you get em, i recommend washing them on cold, delicate, to preserve the original color! i should mention i got a darker wash... those ones look pre-faded so that's a different story! :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
hey kim, are those capris by Lee? if they are, here's a warning, if you didn't already buy them... i got those last summer, and they're already so faded out that i won't even wear them. if you get em, i recommend washing them on cold, delicate, to preserve the original color! i should mention i got a darker wash... those ones look pre-faded so that's a different story! :)

ShooShoo,

Thanks for the heads-up! I did get the lighter wash, but had been thinking about getting the darker wash as well (I generally like the lighter denim, even though I know "back in the day" they were mostly darker denim). I will keep this in mind, though!

Kim_B

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:

http://www.chadwicks.com/product.aspx?PfId=99806&DeptId=8560&producttypeid=1&ViewAll=1

They're only $24.00, but I can't decide which color to buy - either the navy and white stripe, dark red or deep sea colors. I have clothing that would match all three, so I can't decide. Which do you like best? I'm kind of leaning towards the navy & white stripe. I have a camel-colored pair of wide-legged trousers that the navy and white stripe blouse would look cute with.

Hehe, I was thinking of getting one of those shirts too! My only problem is with the banded sleeves - my chubby little arms really struggle with those! lol

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Kim_B said:
Hehe, I was thinking of getting one of those shirts too! My only problem is with the banded sleeves - my chubby little arms really struggle with those! lol

Ah that is super cute! I wish I wasn't trying to save money for a house and could instead spend it all on clothes! Gorgeous glamorous clothes. And shoes.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Kim_B said:

I have the same problem! I bought the Target shirtdress not too long ago and the sleeves bands are just tight enough that they rubbed the skin on my arms and started to make the skin red and irritated. I think I'm the only person in the world that can get brush burn from cotton.

I have a 30% coupon from Chadwick's and I think I'm going to try the blouse anyway. It can really be hit or miss for me as well with the banded sleeves. I'll let you know how it works out.

I think I've decided on getting the deep red blouse. I can wear it with the most range of colors - tans, navys & blacks. But I'm always wary of red because I'm a redhead. What do you gals think about redheads wearing red?

olive bleu

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:

FYI...They have a ton of those puff-sleeved blouses at WINNERS.I bought my red gingham one there which I wore for Easter, it was soo hard to pick just one color!!They ranged from $20-$25 here in Canada, so probably less for you down there! Cute as can be.

Yes, My upper arms have gotten a little chubby and were a bit squeezed into those banded sleeves, but i decided to suck it up for the good of cuteness everywhere elselol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR