Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Jewelry

ShortClara

One Too Many
Thanks Eve! I'll give that a try. There are some truly wonderful pieces in here - they were a steal because they were all unsigned I think. But I don't care :)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my jewelry. I didn't realize exactly how much I had. :eusa_doh:

001-489h1t5t2.jpg

003-489h23wy4.jpg

004-489h2dvpd.jpg

005-489h2mxy1.jpg

008-489h35buu.jpg

010-489h3j1hz.jpg

012-1itbx1ht.jpg

013-489h59qd6.jpg

014-489h5ixr3.jpg

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Very cool Miss Brill. What's this?
047-489hcu8ap.jpg

It is actually a brooch. It is a gold color, but it is sterling. I'm not sure when it is from, but they have some similar ones on eBay sometimes. It is about 4" long or so. It is huge.

lyburnum, I am a happy lady! I don't find very many vintage clothes usually, and what I do find rarely fits/looks right, but I have good luck with finding accessories. Yesterday I bought those 4 necklaces in the 2nd post for $1 each at a thrift store. I also got 3 pairs of 1950s earrings at the same store for a total of twenty-five cents. I don't think I've ever paid more than $1 for anything. ;)

Kari W

New in Town
WOW...Miss Brill you have some really nice jewlery. I love vintage jewlery too, I have a lot that my Granny has given me a lot of jewlery. I have always loved going into antique stores and looking at the jewlery, my parents use to take me, and that was always where I got first. My fav. items are my rings.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
Miss Brill I am amazed - and all for $1 each?? *faints* [thud]

For the most part, but I think I paid about $4 for the spider pin that BBB mentioned. The spider pin is actually missing the sets that should be on his/her knees. I have had it about 10 years & I never got around to fixing it. :eek:

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Woohoo! I scored my first-ever piece of celluloid jewelry this morning, and for only $1!

100_2658.jpg

I think it's missing a leaf on the left side, but that's not a big deal- everything else is there and I love the colors!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful leaves!

I have a similar leafy set - black chain and leaves, and big black and clear faceted plastic jewel buttons all over it. It kind of reminds me of tadpole eggs!
I got it for a dollar (!) in the 80s at a garage sale, and it took me abo9ut 15 years until I noticed that it was not one long necklace, but a necklace and bracelet hooked together. I took off two leaves and two buttons and made matching earrings out of them (it had a lot of leaves, so the theft is not noticeable).
But I love those little delicate flowers. It reminds me of the glass jewelry that Sciaparelli did in the 30s, and is probably a budget version - it doesn't look later to me.
I have a TON of vintage jewelry, I've been seriously collecting for years. I am a sucker for a matched set.
I need to photograph it all...

MissHannah

One Too Many
Sweet Leilani - that is divine!

And Miss Brill - if I owned your collection it would take me so long to decide which piece to wear in the morning I'd never make it out of the house!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Sweet Leilani said:
Woohoo! I scored my first-ever piece of cellulite jewelry this morning, and for only $1!

100_2658.jpg

I think it's missing a leaf on the left side, but that's not a big deal- everything else is there and I love the colors!

Ohhhhhhh I love those old celluloid necklaces! That is a very unusual color, too-even if it isn't complete. Good for you! :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MissBrill- you have a great, diverse and very beautiful collection of jewellery, just lovely!:eusa_clap

I'm so glad that there's another jewellery devotee out there, as along with underwear it's my number one weakness and I have a huge collection. I will put some pics up as soon as possible.

Your collection really seems to span the decades, what's your favourite type/period of jewellery?

Are those necklaces thermoset/lucite, they're fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR