Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Outerwear: Threads of the Past

jeo

One Too Many
40s Aviator
View attachment 534143
View attachment 534141 View attachment 534140
View attachment 534142
View attachment 534138 View attachment 534139
This Aviator has more or less scratched my final collectors itch. It was sitting on yahoo auctions for a long time and I was always deterred by the high price tag. Ultimately, after waiting a few months and looking around for alternatives I really couldn't find any jackets in similar condition being sold for better prices and so I pulled the trigger.

I'm very glad that I did. It's always risky buying something you can't return but the jacket turned out fantastic condition wise and fit wise. It's everything I was looking for in an aviator.

What a beauty, congrats!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
40s Aviator
View attachment 534143
View attachment 534142
This Aviator has more or less scratched my final collectors itch. It was sitting on yahoo auctions for a long time and I was always deterred by the high price tag. Ultimately, after waiting a few months and looking around for alternatives I really couldn't find any jackets in similar condition being sold for better prices and so I pulled the trigger.

I'm very glad that I did. It's always risky buying something you can't return but the jacket turned out fantastic condition wise and fit wise. It's everything I was looking for in an aviator.
Nice find.

Find the date code on the bottom edge of the sunrise zipper stop. A letter and number will give you a date. Just post it and we can tell you the date.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
A=January 2=1942

Near the end for the Sunrise Box. The quilted lining is unusual, just don't see it, an early application. Yes it is a 40s looking jacket from the 40s. No idea of the maker, does look like horsehide from that time.

Nacho

Practically Family
40s Aviator
View attachment 534143
View attachment 534142

Love the back yoke and the long center zipper on this thing. One hell of a jacket. You score big time here, Huey!

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
I
40s Aviator
View attachment 534143
View attachment 534142

I had been watching this as well for a while. Just couldn’t decide if it would fit me.

It looks way better than it did in the listing photos - congratulations! It’s a beauty.

hieu

A-List Customer
A=January 2=1942

Near the end for the Sunrise Box. The quilted lining is unusual, just don't see it, an early application. Yes it is a 40s looking jacket from the 40s. No idea of the maker, does look like horsehide from that time.
The missing make tag is very small if that’s an indication of anything. This jacket was definitely made towards the very end of the sunrise zipper era.
I

I had been watching this as well for a while. Just couldn’t decide if it would fit me.

It looks way better than it did in the listing photos - congratulations! It’s a beauty.
Thanks! Although the jacket is an inch bigger in most dimensions than what the seller measured I think it still would’ve been small on you Andrew. Plus I definitely like the pocket configuration on yours more.
Love the back yoke and the long center zipper on this thing. One hell of a jacket. You score big time here, Huey!
Thank you brother :)) you know how long I’ve been looking for one of these haha

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm always looking for advertising and often disappointed. More difficult to find than most jackets.

CSC sign Bought on ebay from a large collection. Don't know the location

The Cresco sign is heavy, ebay
20230410_190347.jpg
20230410_173214.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That is quite a find. Bill Kelso reproduced this jacket with a Monarch label. They called the model, The Duke. I recall they made their reproduction of a Monarch original.

This is a Duke in the rare and expensive Victory Horsehide.

1690950756088.png
1690950818608.png
1690950843963.png

A Capeskin model. This looks more like the movie jacket, capeskin.

1690950991632.png

1690951061790.png
1690951100421.png

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Some pics of the vintage Perfecto with Ribbon label,

No Star pointy epaulette
schott perfecto no star point ep.jpg

One Star round epaulette
schott perfecto onestar round ep.jpg

One Star pointy epaulette
schott perfecto onestar point ep.jpg

And one with an even older label, allegedly, One Star round epaulettes
schott perfecto one star round ep diff label.jpg

Finally a No belt No epaulette no coin pocket Beck Schott:
beck belt delete no ep.jpg

Four of a kind. Where's the Royal Flush?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24