Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage suits - worth anything?

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Here are some suits I've accumulated over the years that I can no longer wear. They were either given to me, or thrift store finds. My question is, are they worth selling (here, eBay) or should I just give them away? I already have them on Craigslist as make an offer. The first one I've been told is hand-tailored italian and the last one is linen. The linen suit and the khaki colored one need to be cleaned.

Here we go:

grey.jpg

bluestripe.jpg

khaki.jpg

whitestripe.jpg

linen.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
Dang! That linen suit is my size. I'd ask you to PM me with some idea of how much you want for it, but since you can't PM yet, send me an email - warbaby at warbaby dot com. Also - are you interested in trades?

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Warbaby said:
Dang! That linen suit is my size. I'd ask you to PM me with some idea of how much you want for it, but since you can't PM yet, send me an email - warbaby at warbaby dot com. Also - are you interested in trades?

Why cant I PM?

You can access my email via the craigslist post, and we can discuss the linen suit. I'm not asking much.

Trades? I doubt it, although you can try me. I'm very new to this whole clothes-online thing. I am looking for 'trendy' blazers with designs and such that I can wear onstage, maybe a few suits as well, 42L.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Jovan said:
My size as well. Would be interested in the dimensions -- sleeve length, jacket length, "actual" chest size, etc.

Again, I'm new to this.

Let me know which suits, exactly what dimensions and how to measure. I was really hoping to offload these at minimum prices for minimum trouble, so the more I have to do, might increase the prices slightly.

Jovan

Suspended
Few of us here will snap these up without knowing exact dimensions. At bare minumum, sleeve lengths and trouser waist/inseams are a MUST. Measuring these will not take you very long at all if you have a tape measure and know what to do.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Jovan said:
Few of us here will snap these up without knowing exact dimensions. At bare minumum, sleeve lengths and trouser waist/inseams are a MUST. Measuring these will not take you very long at all if you have a tape measure and know what to do.

Granted, but I have over 10 suits I am hoping to get rid of, so that's a lot of measuring I was hoping to avoid-- hence trying Craigslist first.

Again, let me know all of the measurements people might want, and HOW to measure them, and I will get them.

As per my Craigslist post, I was size 40L, 16" 34/35 shirts, 32/32 pants when I wore these suits.

KObalto

One of the Regulars
mt_spiffy said:
Granted, but I have over 10 suits I am hoping to get rid of, so that's a lot of measuring I was hoping to avoid-- hence trying Craigslist first.

Again, let me know all of the measurements people might want, and HOW to measure them, and I will get them.

As per my Craigslist post, I was size 40L, 16" 34/35 shirts, 32/32 pants when I wore these suits.
Here you go grasshopper:
http://stores.ebay.com/La-Bottega-Italiana/HOW-DO-WE-MEASURE-THE-SUITS.html ;)

Jovan

Suspended
I'll add to that, usually a sleeve length on a jacket is measured from the top seam where the sleeve connects to the jacket down to the end. A much more useful measurement.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Ok, here we go:

Grey suit is by Abital, made in Italy. Size 42L, which is strange because it does not fit me. I may have to discuss this with my tailor, if I can fit it I want to keep it.

Back length: 31.5"
Shoulder to shoulder: 18"
Full sleeve: 34"
Sleeve: 28"
Half back: 12"
Half chest: 11"? (not really sure how to measure this one)
Half waist: 17" with plenty to take out
Inseam: 31" with plenty to take out

Blue pinstripe is Finest Worsteds by Odermarte, also marked Fariani. No size marked anywhere.

Back length: 30"
Shoulder to shoulder: 19"
Full sleeve: 33"
Sleeve: 26.5"
Half back: 11.5"
Half chest: 10"?
Half waist: 16.5" with plenty to take out
Inseam: 32", they have already been taken out but there's a little more. However there's some sort of mark where the original hem was. Not noticable when you're wearing them.

White pinstripe is Foreman & Clark and is labeled 40R.

Back: 30"
Shoulder to shoulder: 18"
Full sleeve: 31.5"
Sleeve: 24.5"
Half back: 10.5"
Half chest: 10"?
Half waist: 17.5" with plenty to take out
Inseam: 31" with cuffs and plenty more to take out

Khaki suit is Greg Cassini and is 40L.

Back: 30.5"
Shoulder to shoulder: 20"
Full sleeve: 33.5"
Sleeve 25"
Half back: 12.5"
Half chest: 11"?
Half waist: 17" with a little more to take out
Inseam: 31.5" with plenty to take out

Linen suit is PRONTI by Phia, no size

Back: 31.5"
Shoulder to shoulder: 19.5"
Full sleeve: 32.5"
Sleeve: 25"
Half back: 11"
Half chest: 11"?
Half waist: 18"
Inseam: 29.5" with plenty to take out.
Included shirt is Lucasini 16.5 34/35

This is my first time measuring anything, so I cannot guarantee I did it correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum