Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sunglasses

Jerekson

One Too Many
Looks like you made a good purchase. It feels good, huh? lol

My newest interest is some "wayfarer" style sunglasses. I think these were actually posted on the second page of this thread - but I don't want any old wayfarers, because I think that alot of them are just plain geeky.

This is more what I'm thinking.
b412_1_sbl.jpg

Black frames, with silver trim. The green lenses are cool - but wayfarers also look really good in black.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Dixon Cannon said:
a0a1c69b.jpg
...my recreation
-dixon cannon

Those are cool.

Actually, come to think of it, they look alot like these...
f3c9_1.jpg

Went on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I'd have bought them, if they were a different color than orange.

Quite a unique frame shape.

Sunny

One Too Many
It feels very good! ;)

Wayfarers, eh? I haven't learned so much about those yet. Pretty interesting.

And I watched those round-frame ones, too. I couldn't stand the orange color. lol I don't think they went for too much, possibly because of that.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wayfarers are quite cool. I think they're more of a fifties thing, though.

I was considering bidding on the orange glasses, but refrained from doing so when I learned that the frames were plastic (and orange, needless to say). Old plastic parts bother me; I always feel like I'm going to break them.

J.B.

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
...My newest interest is some "wayfarer" style sunglasses. I think these were actually posted on the second page of this thread - but I don't want any old wayfarers, because I think that alot of them are just plain geeky.

This is more what I'm thinking.
b412_1_sbl.jpg

Black frames, with silver trim. The green lenses are cool - but wayfarers also look really good in black.

Be sure to search for "Shuron Escapades" and "Ray-Ban Clubmaster" for more models with the combo-style zyl tops with wire bottoms... :)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Shuron et al

J.B. said:
Be sure to search for "Shuron Escapades" and "Ray-Ban Clubmaster" for more models with the combo-style zyl tops with wire bottoms... :)

Thanks for that "heads up" on names I nearly got a pair of those but got outbid. Are they available new?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Some new uns

I just won these vintage eyeglasses on eBay, and plan to put black lenses in them.
100_7365.jpg

They should look pretty cool, when finished.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Confused....

I have read from a few people on this thread that buying vintage sunglasses on the 'bay was a horrible experience as prices tend to skyrocket. I decided to look for the first time yesterday and came across a pair that is exactly what I wanted. I bid on them and assumed that it would be my first experience at getting outbid with sunglasses but I ended up winning them. The price? A staggering $3.58. Now I am curious as to whether these are decent glasses or pieces of junk because nobody else bid on them. Here is the description:"The front frame of the glasses is 5 inches across. The lenses are 1 1/2 by 1 3/4 inches and are green glass. There is a small metal ball missing from the end of one of the bows and the glasses do need a good cleaning."

And a picture....

2c0f_1.JPG

What do you guys (and gals) think?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Looks like you lucked out!

That is indeed strange. Why you were the only bidder on those splendid glasses is beyond me. They look almost identical to my glasses:
aef0_1-1.jpg

And believe you me, I paid much more than $3.58 for these suckers!

It looks like you may have just...lucked out!

Let's just hope there's nothing wrong with them when they show up :eek:
But judging by that photo, they look to be fine.

Who knows; maybe you just have an undeveloped knack for extremely lucky auction winnings ;)

Jerekson

One Too Many
Some more glasses for Jerekson; AND a question!!!

I won these vintage eyeglasses on the bay this morning. I plan to put new lenses in them, and make them into sunglasses.
100_7365.jpg

So while I'm waiting for them to arrive, I thought I'd aks the question;

How much money do you fellas think it will cost me, to put some black lenses into these frames?

*Not me, personally, but rather, have a professional do it for me*:)

Thanks!
Jerekson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn