Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sunglasses

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I found a photo of my Dad wearing the same sunglasses I had in the last picture I posted. The picture of my Dad was dated 1969, so I know those glasse4s are at least that old. Here's a "side-by-side" photo of the sunglasses.

Your dad reminds me of a famous American actor, but I can't remember his name. Has anybody told him he has a resemblance to an actor?

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I was thinking of Charles Durning. Just my imagination I suppose

475px-Charles_Durning_1975.JPG

DamianM

Vendor
Picked up two pairs of these on the Bay
One is missing the arm but I found a replacement.
These are the ones missing the arm. the other is perfect with deco design engraved on the rim

Art deco Hexagon Sunglasses
r7fz.jpg

DamianM

Vendor
:eusa_clap

I'd love to own some vintage sunglasses someday, but right now, I am unable due to having to wear eyeglases. I could always opt for those transition lenses.

YOu could probably find some early frames( seen some hexagon ones) and take them to the eyeglass place to make you some custom prescription transitional's but IDK how much $ would be needed to cut them into hexagons:rolleyes:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I guess we would have to find out sometime, eh? More on that after my BCT, and stuff, ha!

I have two pairs of vintage eyeglasses (One is from 1923, and needs my prescription + a new ear piece), and the other just needs my prescription. I could see if they could turn those into those transition lenses. Not true to vintage, but it could work.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Picked these up yesterday, they have a definite vintage feel/weight to them, nickel plated with flat sectioned dark green glass lenses, they are marked WJ on rear of bridge and inside the arms.
351yih0.jpg
2rzq6n4.jpg

20zpsub.jpg
24djamq.jpg

fcioe8.jpg
5brxtx.jpg

The nose 'cushions' appear to be mother of pearl and the ear grips tortoiseshell type material with serated grip ends

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
If it were at all practical for me to wear standalone sunglasses (and sadly, it ain't), then I'd love a pair of Aviators. They're so simple and sleek. I love them! I hate things that are cluttered and overdecorated.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just couldn't find where else to ask. I guess it's on topic, so... Anyway, can anyone tell me what are these and if they're worth anything at all? I can't find much about the company online, other than some recent website. I apologize in advance if this is nothing noteworthy, but doesn't hurt to ask, eh. Thanks and cheers!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Neat Thread - Thanks Monitor for bringing it up. I just bought a pair of Ray Ban's of a vintage style, I'll post a pic when able.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112