Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sunglasses

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Thanks Jerekson. I think yours are in better condition and have a better all around appearence. I can't complain for what I paid though. I guess that I will see when they get here. Oh..the auction thing isn't true. At least when it comes to hats. Oh well, what can you do? [huh]

I will be looking forward to see how your new project works out.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I've had an optician place sunglass lenses in two pair of vintage frames. It cost about $60 each.

I've shown this photo before...

sunglasses-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Jay

Practically Family
Aviator Sunglasses

I figured there's a thread dedicated to vintage sunglasses, but I want to talk modern glasses-Specifically Aviators, which brings me to my current question-

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of aviator-styled glasses of decent quality with an orange or amber lens? With a gold frame?

RayBan only sells amber aviators with black frames for some reason so there has to be another alternative of quality-crafted sun protection, right?

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
If I recall correctly from my Army days, aviator sunglasses could only be acquired with green or gray lenses (for all services).

Cheers,

M8

Dan G

One of the Regulars
I wear aves too. The last set I had got sat on by a friend.:rage: Since then I haven't been able to find any locally! You'd think they never existed!
So I'm in the market for some new ones as well.

Ken

A-List Customer
Anyone know where I could get a custom made pair of aviator sunglasses? I have a very small head and can never get sunglasses to fit me

Ken

Jerekson

One Too Many
Those have a very nice frame shape. Cool, I like them.

What color are the frames? They look positively red in the picture.

The real Henry

Practically Family
The real Henry said:
I just won these glasses and want to let them be made sunglasses. So which glass colour should I get: Brown OR Green ?

Here is a pic:

m0035.JPG

I got the glasses and suprisingly the rims are red!

So I'll ask you again, because I wonder if it will look too 'funky' with green glass.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Personally I would put black lenses in those particular frames.

Whatever you decide, let me know how it works out. I'm going to be putting black lenses in a pair of vintage reading glasses, and I'd like to hear about someone elses' experience.

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR