Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vision of the future?-by Snrbfshn 9/28/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeezusMike

New in Town
EricH said:
Fashion points aside and anyone who hangs out here knows everyone has an opinion
There you go! I had no problems with your opinions, it was the silly comments that were irritating. Like that sly remark you made earlier. I'm entitled to expose what is silly to me... Sounding like kids. Stop being so verbose too, you are starting to sound like KingNeezus! You are cramping my style, already. I don't know who's worse you or *orsalino.:D

Fedorista

Familiar Face
NeezusMike said:
It's not worn. But it will be similar in price. And this particular style -as in my avatar- is fur felt 10x. Whether or not this style can be worn with vintage styles will be a matter of personal taste. We plan to keep vintage, vintage. I am attempting to create a full futuristic line. You spoke well when you said, "daring" But it might not be, since we are in the 21st century. Hope you will enjoy. Thanks

What is 'fur felt 10x'?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I don't like it. But then again- this hat seems to be aimed towards a group which I don't belong to. I avoid MTV, I don't like current music, and I abhor fashion. I wear what I do because I like it; I'm never in style, nor do I want to be.

It is a novel concept. I'll give you that. Good luck with 'em.

qwerty

Familiar Face
I usualy come here to see some nice hats but this is the worst one by far.
I am not into fedoras becouse of the old clasic look. I think they can come back in totaly new form and fresh spirit. But this is definitely not the one.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Well I guess we can consider it a new dress cap. A causin to the eight piece cap and the ball cap... though more dresy. It can be worn with a suit and tie though not wit the coveralls when working on a car.... thuogh that is up to the indidual.

I'm not a fan of the straw crown and felt brim combo of on the other page and i don't think I'll be sporting a felt ballcap anytie soon, though it is something that I can see adopted by the fashion forward crowd. I prefer keeping my ears shaded.

Now are these just haevily trimmed down bodies made into caps? does the rest of the brim get tossed?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
The proof is in commercial success; if that hat style is around five years from now and still selling, then it's a success regardless of opinions on this forum. And since I'm old enough to like the classic fedora style, I am probably not part of the target market. That's no problem - I'n outside of a LOT of target markets.

Just to register an opinion, it doesn't do anything for me at all - and I wouldn't buy one. I'd much rather wear a fedora when I want one, and one of my numerous baseball caps when I want one of them. Good luck with the actual target market - whatever it is.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
NeezusMike said:
There you go! I had no problems with your opinions, it was the silly comments that were irritating. Like that sly remark you made earlier. I'm entitled to expose what is silly to me... Sounding like kids. Stop being so verbose too, you are starting to sound like KingNeezus! You are cramping my style, already. I don't know who's worse you or *orsalino.

um... what??? did I miss something?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
"No sir, don't like it, one bit."
R_S%20Mr.%20Horse.jpg

But more power to you, & best of luck.

Cheers!

Dan

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Matthew Dalton said:
I think it would be fairly difficult to sell them. People who would enjoy the baseball cap side of it probably wouldn't be looking for a dress hat, period.

I agree. It's a novel idea, but people want either the classic dress fedora, or the baseball cap. This hybridization probably won't fly.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There is a lid for every pot. Fedoras were not dropped one day and ball caps worn the next.It took time and that is what you will need to sell your hats. Keep it up and join the waiting game as you franticly run around showing your product to everyone.

I can't see myself buying one of your hats, Neezus, but then, there are all sorts of quite popular styles that I never buy.
My initial reaction to your hat was "hmmm, I don't know what to make of that." I got nothing against ballcaps, although I rarely wear them. And I got nothing against your hat. I can see its potential for catching on among younger, trendier people. Don't let the generally unfavorable reaction from the denizens of this joint discourage you. After all, we are hardly your target audience, right?

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
You know, when I look at that picture on the "coming soon" website for it the hat reminds me of something. Remember the old bellhop caps they used to wear all over the place? It looks like that with a little brim...

I mean it just strikes me as a tad odd looking *shrug* to each their own tho I'm sure someone will buy and wear it. I guess my main objection is I dont believe ballcap style belongs in events that are considered "elegant". And the reason I say it looks odd is ballcaps are supposed to be snug against the head and this one rises way above your crown in fedora style... which kinda projects the bellhop image since those caps werent designed to be snug.

But as with all new fasions you may find a little niche for this style or bomb horribly. Its the risk you take to be creative. Good luck.

Oh but your logo...that is awesome lol *really likes the logo*

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat in the avatar reminds me of the type used but the RAD organization back in Germany during the Thirties.

Bargepole

New in Town
When are you taking orders?

Yes - I mean it. I am 53 years old and an inveterate fedora man, but, hell, I rather like this strange hat even though I am not the target market and my approval is probably the last thing the designer needs or wants. But I think it's -- well, interesting, and cool. And I want one. NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy