Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vision of the future?-by Snrbfshn 9/28/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeezusMike

New in Town
To comments posted under the thread "Vision of the future" 9/28/05
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4496 ,
If you don't have anything nice to say, why say it? Maybe to superficially empower yourself? But that would be a wasted use of motive. In actuality, tactless wording/speech produces no good fruitage. It only tears down. It does not build up. Pardon me, though, if it is just a reflection of your opinion. You are entitled to that...Remember, tactless critique's often glorify the criticizable in the end. Some of these comments are coming from people of a seemingly mature age. I am 27 myself. But I recognize everyone is entitled to their own taste. You may be a nostalgist, he may like things that defy those boundries, and so on. You probably do not like anything about the hat. I am okay with that. However, by poking fun at one's taste you may be revealing yourself to be malicious, spurring long drawn out replies like the one I am writing now. (lol) You all are probably real cool, nice individuals. Just note: It is not what you say, it's how you say it. It makes for a better personal, family, and social life if you recognize this fact or philosophy (for difficult ones). For the record I do drink, but I do not abuse alcohol. I love the hyphy (high-PHEE) rap without any profanity. Yes, we have clean rap music, too! Notice, I said music. I also like classiscal music, jazz, reading, and long walks in the park.(lol) Oh yeah, I designed and patented the hat you ranted and raved about 9/28/05... No hard Feelings. I love Art Fawcetts hats too.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge, NeezusMike.

Which post is this in reference to, and what hat are you talking about?

Brad

NeezusMike

New in Town
Hehehehehh...

I stumbled upon The Fedora Lounge after putting my company name -luciusblaq- in the *ahoo search engine. The title of the thread was "Vision of the Future" by snrbfshn 9/28/05. I understand that this site is one that celebrates hat/ fashion styles from the 30-40's, but I just thought that the comments posted under the above thread were over-the-top, critique wise. Thanks for the warm welcome. NeezusMike

EricH

One of the Regulars
Brad, I was intrigued and found the discussion.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4496

NeezusMike, I found your comments about the thread a bit difficult to follow, but I wouldn't take the comments of the lounge members as some diatribe against you. I've got to say, though, your hat does remind me of the popular French Legionaires, but to each their own. Sometimes the opinions here can be a bit "honest", but we also appreciate the diversity of our hats and hat wearers. Welcome to the Lounge, and if you glue in the liners in your hats don't tell anyone here;) Eric

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
NeezusMike said:
Oh yeah, I designed and patented the hat you ranted and raved about 9/28/05... No hard Feelings. I love Art Fawcetts hats too.

So it's been almost a year since this hat has come out? Are they selling? And if so, who is buying them? (I have never seen one.)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
That refreshes my memory, and oops, my post was among them.

I apologize if I offended you, sir. I guess we never know who's going to read our posts! We're not so insular as we like to think.

I wish your business well, and again, welcome.

Brad

NeezusMike

New in Town
I appreciate that Brad...If I confused EricH... Basically, If one has an opinion to make, then make sure you do it in a way that is respectful and dignified. You might recall the age old saying to "treat others as you wish to be treated" I have no problem with people saying they do not like the hat. A few have told me that directly. But they don't make indirect insults, for they know this would displease me. Why would you want to deliberately displease someone? Some may need to reevaluate their veiws on honesty and immaturity. Hopefully that is more clear. I must say that legionnaire's hats are often what people associate this design with, but it is distinctly different in many ways. (i.e., legionnaires hats are alot more angular at the crown and just plain box like, whereas this hats crown has smoothed edges) I have a eye for detail... I am an artist! However, to each his own.(lol)

NeezusMike

New in Town
Look at the avatar Maj.Nick! (lol) They are coming! We had to switch manufacturers. Very soon! or if you watch MTV you may have been able to see it on the Making The Band tv series.NezusMike

NeezusMike

New in Town
Oh, and EricH that is one of the reasons... I like your cunning. But I know what you meant. You fluffy rascal, you.(lol) No hard feelings!

BigSho

Vendor
Seeing that there has been no major inovation the hat industry at all I applaude you mike for taking the risk. It is a very cool way to mix two generations of a culture of hat wearers. We all know most middle aged white guys aren't going to wear it, but i really do love the concept. I hope all goes well with your venture.

Jeremy
www.hats-plus.com

NeezusMike

New in Town
BigSho said:
...I applaude you mike for taking the risk. We all know most middle aged white guys aren't going to wear it, but i really do love the concept. I hope all goes well with your venture.

Jeremy
www.hats-plus.com
I appreciate it. I wish some people could step out of their boxes, "widen out in their associations with things/ people that are different" Are you affiliated with the URL above?

NeezusMike

New in Town
WEEGEE said:
How does it compare to vintage felt?lol
:) :) :)
It's not worn. But it will be similar in price. And this particular style -as in my avatar- is fur felt 10x. Whether or not this style can be worn with vintage styles will be a matter of personal taste. We plan to keep vintage, vintage. I am attempting to create a full futuristic line. You spoke well when you said, "daring" But it might not be, since we are in the 21st century. Hope you will enjoy. Thanks

EricH

One of the Regulars
Fashion points aside and anyone who hangs out here knows everyone has an opinion ("honest" or otherwise) about brims, crowns, ribbons et. al. Are you really designing for the future if you're still using fur felt? Seems to me if you had some futuristic polyester felt of recycled polymers or fashioned from soybeans you'd really have something. Course then you'd also want to make it reversable so it could be gray on one side and brown on the other. ;) Eric (Far from confused and even farther from serious)

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
I'm going to stay on the side of "I dont particularly like that hat"...well at least until I can see one in person and feel it and of course try it on. :p So get those hats out for me to poke :p Then you might find in me an advocate or enemy lol. Good luck in your business venture either way.

Till then...um... I don't particularly like that hat... hehe

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
NeezusMike said:
Look at the avatar Maj.Nick! (lol) They are coming! We had to switch manufacturers. Very soon! or if you watch MTV you may have been able to see it on the Making The Band tv series.NezusMike

I used to watch MTV about 15 years ago when they had really cool and esoteric films and animation and such on,....but any more I tend to avoid it as I do the majority of TV programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay