Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vision of the future?-by Snrbfshn 9/28/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
John, I believe that this subject has been wasting bandwidth for far too long and the toleration fuse length is set to the nanosecond. If you knew the complete and accurate story you might understand more fully. However, you need only read words spoken TODAY from your hatter to see how effective any apology might be. If you read that so called apology you will see exceptions to it. I am notably one exception.

You should also go through every post I made on the other forum to see that I never made any uncivil or out of line post, yet I was effectively banned last summer. For all of the bluster about "let him respond" your hatter knows that I cannot as my password was revoked and cannot log in, yet he keeps me on the roster? Some might consider his challenging me on that board knowing full well I cannot respond about as cowardly an act as possible, but then others have done the same here, so who is right? At least on this board the banning is public knowledge and with reasoning behind it.

I will leave the discussion in your hands as to it's progress. My number is published in large print on my website in the signature below. I will not respond publicly any further. As for as your Akubra purchase, I wish you well. It's a good hat for the money spent.

art92101

One of the Regulars
Neezus, a marketing idea

Neezus, an idea to jump start your hat business. Send samples to high profile "stars" known to wear hats and see if you can get some marketing traction from said act. I don't care for the guy, but Michael Jackson might be able to put your company on the international map? Perhaps a celebrity could be an investor too? Just some crazy thoughts.

Warlock

Suspended
Art, I was looking for the whole story. The only actions I can be held accountable for are my own. As to my hatter, you mean a man who has made me hats. I do not claim him exclusively, and I do not oiwn him. Not do I worship him. Note that you are the one who keeps bringing him up.

Given what you know of me you might realize that God's damaged children are my purview. You may object to me as a Christian or a Catholic, but that is what I am. I feel a duty to befriend the troubled and afflicted where I find them. I have limited time, so I have to be selective. Then I hope to have some positive influence. I do not expect control. I know that most people do poorly when they feel they are under attack. Some do very poorly. That one has been poked with a sharp stick for the amusement of others, although probably not by you. He responds predictably, in the way you know. That is, badly. I do not condone bad language or slurs of any kind, anywhere. I mock no ones faith, either. That was badly done.

I thought to find some peace and civility here. I still hope that. I will call you to get your side of this matter, only because you have extended an invitation. I have hoped to try to stop this pointless dispute. I doubt that anything new has been added in some time. Perhaps no one else wants peace. But I rather prefer it. Remember that you brought this up and then under the thinnest veil. You assumed an intent that was not there. There was no need for that, and no need to paint me kneeling at the altar of any man. That was most offensive, as you knew it would be.

Perhaps we can start over when I call. And for other readers, please do not bring up this other fellow Art speaks of in his thinly veiled manner. Any intemperate words on my part to the contrary, I am not his ambassador or agent, but I permit no man to tell me who I may call friend or who is worthy of my time as a man and a clergyman. That is between me and the God I freely kneel to. And is did not stir this up. I realize now that I defended the position of a hatter who was under some insult here. That is interesting. But note back i9n that post that I pointed out to that hatter that this was a fedora enthusiasts place. Then off we went.

But that is enough of this for today.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
There's another hat forum?

:eek:fftopic: I've looked for other fedora forums in the past, but only came up with Linux forums. I'll be interested in those later on if I start working with Linux, but not now! :D

As for the hat/cap (hap?) that was the original topic, not my cup of tea but certainly an interesting foray into what might be possible. I imagine that at this point it would be very difficult to come up with any sort of a hat design that someone couldn't find elements of previous hats/caps in. It takes a certain amount of guts to try to do something different like that.

I am curious as to how it's going now as the web site still seems incomplete.

Cheers,
Tom

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Enough

This is not appropriate for the HATS forum, although the disagreement/history/ill will pertains to hats.

I strongly suggest in the future you confine your contributions to the HATS section to that: HATS. Questions, show and tell, comments of style, etc.

THIS IS NOT the "Boxing Ring".

PM each other, pick up the telephone, or write a nice letter. Not in HATS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt