Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS wait times

Mulceber

Practically Family
I recently ordered a hat from Art Fawcett and I was wondering about how long I should expect to wait for the hat? I don't have the "are you done yet" mentality - I can definitely accept a wait time of several months (heck, on my last AB the wait time was a little over a year), but it's nice going in to have a basic ETA. Does anybody know what Art's wait times are? I asked in one of my emails, but he didn't address that question, so I assume he's busy and I don't want to bother him. Could anyone else provide me with a good guess? -M

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you really want to know Just send Art a E-mail or PM with just the one question. If anything else just give him a call. That being said I don't think it will take to long for him to post on this thread.
Johnny

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
When I got my most recent one he was at 3-4 weeks, but it fluctuates. My first was something like 2-3 months if I remember correctly. I can't wait to see yours.:eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
The LONGEST wait I have ever had with Art was about 3 months, and that was due to illness. This time of year, his times are usually rather short, so Indycop's estimate is probably close.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Art told me in May that he was running about one month to fill an order. He is a really nice guy and very good about responding to e-mails so the above advice about firing him any questions that way is pretty sound. If you do get a VS hat please remember to share it with us here!!:D

duggap

Banned
I believe my hat is in process and I ordered it from Art about three weeks ago. About a month is right for now. Now if I can get him to make me one in Florida Gator colors.:p

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
My wait time was between 2-3 months, which I've heard is about the longest. It's best just to ask him; but I agree with the others that from what I hear, his wait times are very reasonable.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
It makes absolutely no difference how long the wait time is - I am ALWAYS waiting for a VS...the moment a new one arrives I`m thinking of the next one...lol lol lol

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Hi,

I always ask Art whenever I order about the price and the lead time...I can!t believe that he never changes his prices.
Art ALWAYS meets his own deadlines.
Rare these days - or I live in the wrong corner of the world.
Whatever international transport/transit delays occur he keeps and strives to meet the deadline, always great communication and ALWAYS great results.
I never NEVER had second thoughts about his hats. This is what ultimately matters.

Lately Art did me the favour and got my hat for my birthday well in advance - a real present from him. My camera is broken so I could not take pics but it is a piece of cake!!!!!

Tom

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Around the holidays it can take 3 months, but its usually less than that. I ordered my first at the beginning of November and received it in late January. The second one was ordered in early March and I had it in mid-April.

These days I believe its 4 - 6 weeks. But as the others said, ask him. Art's a great guy and will give you an honest estimate.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Absolutely right Kaosharper, right now about 4-6 weeks. It would be shorter but for the last couple of weeks and one more to go I've had a house full of grandkids & relatives vacationing here. It's pretty tough keeping a schedule when you have short people wanting "PopPop's" attention right up until bedtime.
( how fun is that?)

Topdog

Familiar Face
I ordered one around May 5th. Art should be shipping soon. No problems with the wait. I'd wait a year for one his masterpieces! There is no where on the planet that you can get this type of artistic handiwork for the value .

Don't ever sweat the wait! It will be worth it.

If you are worried about the wait when commisioning from an artist, then you should probably by from one of the Hatco distributors. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Its just that true art takes time. Michalangelo took years to paint the Sistene chapel.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Oh believe me, Top Dog, I know. I'm not complaining about the wait. In fact, I mentioned in my first post that, having ordered from Adventurebilt, I'm very much able to handle a long wait. I just like to have an ETA going in.

Thanks for chiming in, Art - the wait times you listed were actually shorter than I expected, so that was a pleasant surprise at the end of a hard day. Have fun with the grandkids.:) I've heard from at least one source that it's more fun to be a grandparent than a parent since you get all of the perks with none of the stress. Have fun! -M

univibe88

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
when you have short people wanting "PopPop's" attention right up until bedtime.
( how fun is that?)

Give them your attention by showing them how to make hats. You need to hand down your gift ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy