Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WARNING! New member "akeating73" likely a scam

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
A couple of days ago I posted a WTB for an Aero or Eastman B3. I just received a PM from a new member "akeating73" asking me to email a third party about a B3 they supposedly have for sale.

This PM was identical to a PM I received many months ago when I posted a previous WTB. Others have posted about this behavior before (new members with just what you want, contact them by email) and at least one member has been scammed like this.

So, be warned!

And I'm still after a battered, well-loved B3 (44 or 46). :)

Haitham

Familiar Face
A couple of days ago I posted a WTB for an Aero or Eastman B3. I just received a PM from a new member "akeating73" asking me to email a third party about a B3 they supposedly have for sale.

This PM was identical to a PM I received many months ago when I posted a previous WTB. Others have posted about this behavior before (new members with just what you want, contact them by email) and at least one member has been scammed like this.

So, be warned!

And I'm still after a battered, well-loved B3 (44 or 46). :)
He sent me a pm as well!
And his account doesn't exist!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the note of scammers, Facebook is in full flood in the run up to Christmas, Irvins for £100 and so on and so forth.

A little bit of electronic digging usually shows them up for what they are & the fake accounts stating the wonders of the product in the comments box.

As well as leather jackets my feed is mainly getting hair restoration products that are 100% guaranteed to give me back lustrous locks. Cheeky devils..I’ve still got hair (on the sides & back anyway).

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
On the note of scammers, Facebook is in full flood in the run up to Christmas, Irvins for £100 and so on and so forth.

A little bit of electronic digging usually shows them up for what they are & the fake accounts stating the wonders of the product in the comments box.

As well as leather jackets my feed is mainly getting hair restoration products that are 100% guaranteed to give me back lustrous locks. Cheeky devils..I’ve still got hair (on the sides & back anyway).

When you get ads offering to fully restore both your hair and the fleece of your Irvin to its original condition you know the AIs have you pegged! ;)

bn1966

When you get ads offering to fully restore both your hair and the fleece of your Irvin to its original condition you know the AIs have you pegged! ;)
They certainly do have me pegged & any suggestion made in the comments box that the products are less than genuine tends to get a ‘you have violated our community rules’ response from FB which gets a ‘why don’t you police your platform Properly’ from moi…absolute hotbed for robbers it is & unfortunately people fall for the ‘deals’.

MrProper

New scammer on the way. But his account here in the forum has apparently already been deleted.
danielevan009@gmail.com

The scam goes like this, he expresses interest in an article in classifieds and shifts the conversation to email.
He says that he wants to surprise a cousin with the article. He asks alibi about the condition and doesn't negotiate. All is always well. Then he asks if you can buy a Steam Card for 200 EUR and add it to the item as a surprise.
The fraud must now somehow with the payment. I'm curious if he gets in touch again and how it goes from there. Lol

MrProper

New scammer on the way. But his account here in the forum has apparently already been deleted.
danielevan009@gmail.com

The scam goes like this, he expresses interest in an article in classifieds and shifts the conversation to email.
He says that he wants to surprise a cousin with the article. He asks alibi about the condition and doesn't negotiate. All is always well. Then he asks if you can buy a Steam Card for 200 EUR and add it to the item as a surprise.
The fraud must now somehow with the payment. I'm curious if he gets in touch again and how it goes from there. Lol
Such a pity. Since I wrote to him, advance transfer to my bank account, he no longer responds. I would have liked to know how it continues. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko