Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watching Hurricane Kyle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Projected landfall near Eastport later today.

LizziaMaine, PSG, all you other Maine-iacs, please be careful out there! You're all in my thoughts and prayers for the duration.

Do we have any Loungers in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick? Looks like that's where Kyle is coming ashore.. Battren down the hatches and hang on!!!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I believe Olive Bleu is in NS -- hope she's got everything under control.

Here it's very warm and rainy -- rained hard all last nite, let up a bit this morning, and now the sky is a weird luminous grey. I'm heading to work in a few minutes (we're hosting an international documentary film festival today) where I have no idea what to expect. If we lose power, I guess I'll have to get up on stage and entertain the audience with snappy patter until the lights come back.

The last hurricane to hit here, Bob in 1991, the coast was evacuated -- except nobody wanted to leave. The civil defense guys rode around in trucks with bullhorns and everybody laughed at them. I was on the air for almost 24 hours straight that day doing local radio coverage -- it had to be local, because the dish that brought in our network/AP stuff got blown off the roof and fell six stories into the middle of the street...

Heather

Practically Family
Maine-iac here! Been raining since Friday afternoon. Just watched a weather update and with the way its rotating, it's just barely missing Maine. Phew! I hope its not to bad for you Nova Scotians! That's where my grandmother is from!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Can anybody explain why this - totally non vintage - thread lives on, when threads like "dating vintage" is being closed?
In the most uncharming way - without any explanation?

I just don't get it?

Bartenders, please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot