Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weirdest Fortune Cookie Messages

Tourbillion

Practically Family
My friend got one that said "You will fall in love and marry, but not to the same person."

She was engaged at the time and turned 3 shades of pale. I think that they broke up not too long after that.

Story

I'll Lock Up
"Love Weasel" Jerekson.

It's gotta ring to it.

Not to be confused with "Belette t'adore Chevalier", as two of them on the same forum could make this a dangerously messy place.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
My first professional writing job was writing copy for fortune cookies for a strange little company in California.

I would love that job! Could you write anything you wanted?? I am sure by the 3rd hour I would write something completely ridiculous or completely scandalous. :D

An aquaintence of mine once opened her Cookie and a dead cockroch fell out. :eek:

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Regardless of what my fortune cookie really reads, I always add, "and your ex-wife will be extra kind to you today" when dining out with-you guessed it-my ex-wife...;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
katiemakeup said:
I would love that job! Could you write anything you wanted?? I am sure by the 3rd hour I would write something completely ridiculous or completely scandalous. :D

An aquaintence of mine once opened her Cookie and a dead cockroch fell out. :eek:

We never went that far, but I could write anything I wanted within reason. The only caveat was that one cookie out of every four had to have an ad in it, and the ads had to be written like fortunes.

Like I said, I ended up helping myself to a lot of Bible axioms, along with a few from Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's Dictionary," and I think a few Oscar Wilde quotes got rewritten into pseudo-Confucianisms.

And, when I got burned out I'd do things like "This Restaurant Is Under Surveillance -- Please Leave Your Waiter A Marked Bill."

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
about_time_got_out.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
My favorite fortune was received from my favorite chinese food restaurant -
You laugh now, wait until you see the bill
1238982809.jpg

Just an fyi, but the bill is always affordable at this place. ;)

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Here are a few that i found and they read:

"The star of riches is shining upon you"...If thats true why cant i afford that Hot Toys Joker that i want? lol

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started"....I didnt know that it was a secret. It would just seem like the logical thing to happen. lol

"The longest journey is the journey inwards" I try to stay true..but i didnt know i was so deep. lol

"The loss which is unknown is no loss at all"....If the tree in the forest falls, and no one is around, does it still make a sound? hahahahah Yea i know, ignorance is bliss ..but it just felt good to say that. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot