Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wested - Doctor Who / Das Boot

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
Well I received my jacket this afternoon three weeks after ordering it and was I excited.

Unfortunately I have to send it back. The quality appears good but it just doesn't fit. I'm a little surprised as I called and gave specific sizing information. It does look a little browner and lighter than the one Billiy3ci received. just wish i was slimmer and the jacket was a little darker and fatter.....

My Jacket:

with flash
l_fdc2566cce4efe29d19728eee4a2f31f.jpg

without flash
l_852433d2a982ece465e34ef7472a8286.jpg

The one Billy3ci received:

Technonut

Practically Family
Sorry about your jacket.... :( As one who has experienced a recent botched order from Wested, I feel for you.

So, what are you going to do... send it back for a refund, or take another costly gamble in hopes that an exchange will work? :rolleyes:

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
Technonut said:
Sorry about your jacket.... :( As one who has experienced a recent botched order from Wested, I feel for you.

So, what are you going to do... send it back for a refund, or take another costly gamble in hopes that an exchange will work? :rolleyes:
Well i sent them an email asking for return directions and plan on calling them after I get an email back. Aside from being too small (and me too big) the jacket is well made and looks nice. I'm not up on "predistressed leather" and I was planning on asking if predistressed can start with either brown or black. I think the one I received started as brown and was wondering how a black predistressed would look or if darker browns were available.

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Technonut said:

Please, don't try to turn this thread into an extension of your gripe against Wested. You got a jacket you didn't like, we get it. Thousands of people per year would disagree with you. (Yes, Wested's annual sales are in the thousands.)

This is merely a sizing issue, Pilotguy has not indicated any issue with the quality of the jacket.

Technonut

Practically Family
Kt Templar said:
Please, don't try to turn this thread into an extension of your gripe against Wested. You got a jacket you didn't like, we get it. Thousands of people per year would disagree with you. (Yes, Wested's annual sales are in the thousands.)

This is merely a sizing issue, Pilotguy has not indicated any issue with the quality of the jacket.

No, my original gripe was not mentioned on this forum, (nothing to "get") but there are other posts here with people that had similar experiences of not being satisfied with Wested... I am not the only one...

Edit: Please don't follow my posts from another forum over here.... I am entitled to my opinion... The guy PHONED in his size info, and still received a jacket that does not fit. That little "sizing issue" is going to cost the man around $40.00 in return shipping. (Not to mention the hassle of dealing with filling out a Custom form and standing in line at the Post Office) If Wested is true to form, he won't get it refunded without a fight....

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good day Pilotguy299

I hear you man. I called them up as well and they told me the wrong size. But I did get it exchanged and am not sorry. A little off from what I see on the TV but I don’t care that much. As for colour I got the straight black and am happy with it. I will let it age naturally myself. If you want to darken the pre-distressed I would use some leather treatment (mink oil, Pecards) That should darken it up. To get it more black, no idea. Hope that helps some.
Johnny

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the insight. Yes it will be a bit of a thing having to mail it back, but I went over the jacket and it looks great. the quality is good, It's just a sizing issue. I had my oldest son try it on and if it would fit him (he's much thinner than dad) I'd keep it and give it to him, it looks that good. I already received an email back from wested about returning the jacket and asking for measurements.

The only thing I have some concern is that they dont have a measurement form on their web site. If they had one standard measurement form online it might make things easier for them and the customer in the long run.

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Technonut said:
No, my original gripe was not mentioned on this forum, (nothing to "get") but there are other posts here with people that had similar experiences of not being satisfied with Wested... I am not the only one...

Edit: Please don't follow my posts from another forum over here.... I am entitled to my opinion... The guy PHONED in his size info, and still received a jacket that does not fit. That little "sizing issue" is going to cost the man around $40.00 in return shipping. (Not to mention the hassle of dealing with filling out a Custom form and standing in line at the Post Office) If Wested is true to form, he won't get it refunded without a fight....

Ok, keeping completely on topic I will counter your one "dissatisfied" jacket with three "highly satisfied" jackets from Westeds of my own.

1) I have a Raiders, fits me perfectly and I have no issues with it's build or quality.

2) I have a War of the Worlds which fits very nicely and gets compliments whenever I wear it.

3) I have a black "Doctor Who" which when I showed to my boss at work triggered him to want one of his own. Now, this in itself would not be remarkable. But when you learn that my company is the one that makes 70% of all the new series Doctor Who toys and we have had access to all of the publicity and reference material possible since they started filming. I think this have a little bit of significance.

Wested produce quality jackets at wholesale prices. Jackets you'd easily pay $600 retail for at $300. If you want stitch accurate: go to the stitch counter replicas they will cost you at least twice as much but will be what you want.

Unfortunately, for us in europe most of the US makers just don't work. Wested will charge you $40 for shipping. Many US makers will not even bother to talk to us, others will charge $160 a jacket to ship (US WINGS). The $40 you get charged by Wested pales into insignificance.

One day I may try Aero, but their jackets cost between $400 and $600. I've had samples of leather from them, and to be honest, it's exactly the same as you get from Wested (at $300).

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
The moral of these stories: Buy from companies where you live. Less hastle and lower costs. Just common sense IMO. Buy for looks, feel, and comfort and do not count stiches. Be smart and buy smart.

Ray

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I rather like it myself.

It's not exactly my style as I am a sincere lover of the military styled jackets such as my true love, the classic A2.
But I do like the color and style as it is something different. It has a sort of world war 1 look to it that I appreciate. :) Too bad it's not a good fit for you.

Technonut

Practically Family
Kt Templar said:
Ok, keeping completely on topic I will counter your one "dissatisfied" jacket with three "highly satisfied" jackets from Westeds of my own.

1) I have a Raiders, fits me perfectly and I have no issues with it's build or quality.

2) I have a War of the Worlds which fits very nicely and gets compliments whenever I wear it.

3) I have a black "Doctor Who" which when I showed to my boss at work triggered him to want one of his own. Now, this in itself would not be remarkable. But when you learn that my company is the one that makes 70% of all the new series Doctor Who toys and we have had access to all of the publicity and reference material possible since they started filming. I think this have a little bit of significance.

Wested produce quality jackets at wholesale prices. Jackets you'd easily pay $600 retail for at $300. If you want stitch accurate: go to the stitch counter replicas they will cost you at least twice as much but will be what you want.

Unfortunately, for us in europe most of the US makers just don't work. Wested will charge you $40 for shipping. Many US makers will not even bother to talk to us, others will charge $160 a jacket to ship (US WINGS). The $40 you get charged by Wested pales into insignificance.

One day I may try Aero, but their jackets cost between $400 and $600. I've had samples of leather from them, and to be honest, it's exactly the same as you get from Wested (at $300).

Well, I would hope that you do have fitting jackets, since you personally walk into Wested and pick them up.... ;)

It is great that you are a friend of Peter's, but there is no excuse to have a jacket shipped from England to the U.S. that does not fit when the measurements were discussed over the telephone.... It is a waste of time to Wested, time AND money to the customer.

Pilotguy299 is rolling with the punches well, and is dealing with the situation in his own way, but saying the jacket is great quality, but does not fit, is like buying a car a that looks great, but you cannot fit behind the wheel to drive..... Nice, but useless....;)

Sorry you have not experienced an Aero... they are fantastic quality. :) Their customer service and prompt replies to the customer are second to none. If you communicate a request or change in the order, and it is confirmed, you do not have to worry about it getting done... If Wested would have taken care of my order in this manner, I would have nothing but glowing things to say about them as well.....

Anyhow... I have spoken my mind, and will not continue this further.... :)

I wish Pilotguy299 the best of luck, and sincerely hope that he gets a jacket that he will enjoy.....

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
the disappointment continues...

I returned the jacket a few days after receiving it because it didn't fit. A few weeks later I sent Wested an email to confirm that they had received it. After not receiving a reply email I sent a follow up email asking again if it had been received. I did get a response to that email saying that they have received it. Here now around 5 weeks after Wested had received the jacket back, the funds have still not been credited back to my credit card. I called this morning to ask what was going on and was told the office staff would not be back in until Monday. I don't believe that I've been unreasonable in this matter, but am really disappointed in how I've been treated.

Technonut

Practically Family
Pilotguy299 said:
I returned the jacket a few days after receiving it because it didn't fit. A few weeks later I sent Wested an email to confirm that they had received it. After not receiving a reply email I sent a follow up email asking again if it had been received. I did get a response to that email saying that they have received it. Here now around 5 weeks after Wested had received the jacket back, the funds have still not been credited back to my credit card. I called this morning to ask what was going on and was told the office staff would not be back in until Monday. I don't believe that I've been unreasonable in this matter, but am really disappointed in how I've been treated.

Sorry to hear about it.... :( Going by some of the posts I have read about people having a difficult time getting their money back, I disputed the charge with my bank, (Debit card used) and sent the jacket back. ;)

Keep us posted Pilotguy299..... I am curious to see if you eventually get shipping charges credited back.

johnnycanuck

This is why any future purchases I will make from Wested will be done on E-bay and threw paypal. So if things turn bad I have some backing to help correct anything gone wrong.
Johnny

Gary Crumrine

One of the Regulars
I, too, have been disappointed by Wested. Several years ago I ordered an "Indy" jacket and, upon receipt, found it to be so poorly cut that the collar did not lie flat. I took it to a local tailor who did the best he could, but finally just gave it away.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Pilotguy299 said:

Did you get your money back ???
Thanks,

Sharpey

johnnycanuck

There is no need to fear, Indy Magnoli is here. I have just got the prototype of the ninth doctors coat and it looks fantastic. I will have to post pictures when I can.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR