Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are my choices for vintage-style wool jackets?

Nyah

One of the Regulars
I love wool, especially the melton type and have been spending a lot of time, looking online for a single-breasted wool coat that's not a mackinaw, full-length topcoat, or varsity jacket. I actually do like various aspects of those first two styles but, other traits make them not quite optimal for me. The half-belted work jackets in wool would probably be great, especially if they have buttons instead of the zipper that most apparently had. If only I could find companies which are currently offering that style. Bonus if unlined and offered in either oxford grey or a brown. Where is the 'Aero' of wool outerwear?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
LVC has a nice Red Melton jacket this season.
image3xl.jpg

Levis-Vintage-Jacket-1940-Wool-Zip

Attachments

• image3xl.jpg
    image3xl.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 394

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At the moment there are several different models of Ralph Lauren short wool jackets on ebay. They have zippers but cool halfbelt and pleat details on the back. What size are you?
Use search terms like "Ralph Lauren Newsboy jacket" or "Moto jacket" or "short wool jacket" and you may find some. I wish RL would pay me for free advertising though. :eusa_doh:
It's beginning to get on my nerves.

rl moto jacket.JPG

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Jump the Gun in Brighton, UK, have a very nice looking Harrington type jacket. The raglan sleeve model is available in dark navy Melton wool. I'm tempted myself, at £75... https://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/product/Harrington_Melton_Wool

Actually, htey have quite a few nice jackets in there. They mainly cater to Mod and Skinhead styles from the Sixties, but given that the original Baracvuta G9 first appeared in the late thirties, it shouls look just fine with wardrobe styles from an earlier era...

bn1966

I purchased one of the 'Jump The Gun' Harrington's in the Navy a couple of years ago whilst doing the Quadrophenia thing there with the wife. Moved it on soon afterwards due to owning too many flight jackets which take preference. It was a good value jacket for the money and they did have a great selection and good customer service.

bn1966

We Are The Mods..We Are The Mods...Only Joking...I'm nearly 50 :)

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Not sure I could sport the harrington style. Maybe if it had the waist-adjustment tabs that I've seen on some of them. A tweed harrington might persuade me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy