Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Miss Slapstick

New in Town
Sonja is one of my favorites to watch in the winter. Really puts me in the mood for the fashion of the season.

1930s dresses are indeed nicely tailored, they all look dreamy on and are comfy too. It is impossible to look bad in a 30s dress. 1932 through 35, maybe 36, are all to die for <3
I want to show them all off but my cameras don't do them justice :pout: Still..just gotta say that fashion of the 30s makes me darn happy to be a woman !!

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Was in a 1930's mood myself last week.

CIMG5840_zps23edfb73.jpg

CIMG5854_zps4f08ca08.jpg

Miss Slapstick

New in Town
GoldenEraFan You are a sight for sore eyes ! Goodness, if only everyone dressed like that I'd be a happier person :popcorn:

Todays winter outfit : 1930s black velvet coat with huge fur collar. Black gloves with gold satin details and matching scarf, also 1930s.
1920s black velvet beret with Art Deco rhinestone hat pin.

A few more photos of the outfit @ my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/annichenskaren/

Udated with better photos on my blog :)
http://stumfilm.blogg.no/1382590623_dagens_vintage_glamou.html

Sorry if I'm spamming.. :tape2:

Last edited:

Don Pelon

New in Town
I've been lurking around the Lounge for quite some time now, just wanted to put my first post in! Went out last Saturday night to see some jazz with the old lady, couldn't resist wearing my three-piece navy blue pinstripe suit.
IMG_0199_zpse76f128e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0205_zps17863370.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Before hitting the nightclub, down in Jack London Square in Oakland, CA, it would have been positively uncivilized to not stop by Heinhold's First and Last Chance Saloon (Est. 1883). Jack London's favorite waterfront dive and inspiration for many of his novels. I tried to look as threatening to small children as possible before going inside and ordering a large Bulleit bourbon on the rocks ;-)
I'll try to post more interior photos of Heinhold's in another thread, just because it's so darn cool and actually has a floor that slopes downward at a 45 degree angle...

Last edited:

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I've been lurking around the Lounge for quite some time now, just wanted to put my first post in! Went out last Saturday night to see some jazz with the old lady, couldn't resist wearing my three-piece navy blue pinstripe suit.[URL=http://s978.photobucket.com/user/ggoldblatt/media/IMG_0199_zpse76f128e.jpg.html]
[/QUOTE]

That suit looks familiar. It wasn't by chance offered on eBay recently as a modern recreation of Bogart's Dark Passage suit was it?

Looks sharp avedwards. The watch fob is the kind of detail that really sets it apart.
Don Pelon that blue suit is top shelf. You wear it well.
Nice mac Two Types.
Great look with the leather cap JOB.
Golden Era Fan and Miss Slapstick you both are sporting some nice wardrobe!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

My son Daniel's first vintage suit, late 1930s. A perfect fit. The blue shirt is modern, all else is vintage. He got a p/t job this summer, and every paycheck he sends a pmt to our vintage dealer towards his layaway items. He has one more pmt to pay off the vintage fedora he bought to go with this.

He first wore this to H.S. a week or two ago (he's now a Senior), for "Well Dressed Wednesday", that he and some pals started at their school.

View attachment 5065

Fantastic! They should start Well-Dressed Wednesdays everywhere. I hope he never outgrows that suit either. I put on 30 lbs. since high school, but I never had any decent clothes then.

Don Pelon

New in Town
That suit looks familiar. It wasn't by chance offered on eBay recently as a modern recreation of Bogart's Dark Passage suit was it?
Naw, I actually found it crumpled up in a dusty ball in the corner of a thrift store. I don't think it's vintage, but is actually hand-tailored, 100% wool. The pants were unhemmed, leading me to believe it was completely unworn. A good dry cleaning and pressing, and it came out mint condition ;-) Though I would jump on any Bogie recreation suit any day!

cpdv

One of the Regulars

It's a Norfolk sort of day. And if you look at Cordova caps you may recognize it as his newest "Devon" model. There is no vent on the Norfolk and the strap goes down the middle on the back. Everything is more or less just aesthetic very dandyish early 20s of me to have such a non functional norfolk jacket.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I would love to but as it is I must make do with those until I can't have made or find original early 20s trousers as I am a fan of the skinny highwater look.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
I was hoping id see that cap around the lounge, could you share more angles of it, side, back. Im hoping it will help with what design im going with next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran