Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Hal

Practically Family
Cold weather is just a another excuse for more overcoats! I don't mind it at all!
I'm the opposite! :) layer me up!

I'm with you all the way, Eddie! High temperatures are not friendly to traditional/classical dressing. I'm glad that on this island we don't have to endure North American summer temperatures ranging from hot to very hot. Much of Britain is having a relatively cool summer, with days of 20C - lovely! I had a few days of 35C on the Continent earlier this month - absolute purgatory - 25C is my wilting point.

Last edited:
I'm with you all the way, Eddie! High temperatures are not friendly to traditional/classical dressing. I'm glad that on this island we don't have to endure North American summer temperatures ranging from hot to very hot. Much of Britain is having a relatively cool summer, with days of 20C - lovely! I had a few days of 35C on the Continent earlier this month - absolute purgatory - 25C is my wilting point.

It's why we like our beer to be so cold. [emoji3]

Scottbrad94

New in Town
I was in the Southern Highlands for a weekend before I go back to university for the semester on Tuesday and as I'm sure many of you have found that country towns always seem to be better for vintage clothing and antiques. Due to that I got this beautiful 'Le Baron' deadstock suit from the 1950s for $130 in my exact measurements! A true steal. Here I am modelling it in the stairwell of the house we stayed in! It's winter here in Australia and the weather has been absolutely beautiful lately, seeing all these posts about summer in the North makes me feel queazy. Australian summers are never fun. tumblr_ns4y86jE411scj4ino1_540.jpg

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

When I left the house this morning headed to church it was a nice pleasant day. Nice enough for a three piece suite. By the time I got home, it was oppressively hot again. I really need to look into having a linen suite made.

Metatron

One Too Many
Scott, the suit is wonderful, it really looks like it was made for you. Congrats on that find. The jacquard jumper and spectators really elevate the outfit.
Big Man, that is a classic, no-nonsense look. You definitely should get a linen suit, or at least a jacket! They are very practical for the summer.

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate

When I left the house this morning headed to church it was a nice pleasant day. Nice enough for a three piece suite. By the time I got home, it was oppressively hot again. I really need to look into having a linen suite made.

Sir, you look great in this suit and hat, very impressive dressing.

PantherMkV

New in Town
I was in the Southern Highlands for a weekend before I go back to university for the semester on Tuesday and as I'm sure many of you have found that country towns always seem to be better for vintage clothing and antiques. Due to that I got this beautiful 'Le Baron' deadstock suit from the 1950s for $130 in my exact measurements! A true steal. Here I am modelling it in the stairwell of the house we stayed in! It's winter here in Australia and the weather has been absolutely beautiful lately, seeing all these posts about summer in the North makes me feel queazy. Australian summers are never fun. View attachment 32972

Great find! It looks fantastic.
Also nice to see another Aussie here! Even if you are a damned NSWite! :D
Isn't the winter great! I'm not ready for summer at all. You Americans can keep it!
~MCRB

Big Man, great looking suit. And I think you would look awesome in a cream (close-to-but-not white) linen suit. I've only owned linen sport coats and trousers, but they (especially if unlined) really do feel lighter in the summer.

As to the linen suit, Gregory Peck in "To Kill a Mockingbird" and Sidney Greenstreet in "Casablanca" come to mind - and they show how well it can be done.

PeterB

One of the Regulars
Hello all!
Went for a stroll out in Markeaton Park in Derby today with my wife. The sun shone but it was still nippy enough for two layers of tweed!

As for you gents:
Dinerman - I love those boots. I can never seem to come across any that hold such a nice shape.
Luftwaffles - Great shirt and tie combo. Perfect collar.
Nick D - That tweed jacket fits superbly. Especially the shoulders!

Eddie,
That is a great outfit. Captures a certain ethos.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big Man, great looking suit. And I think you would look awesome in a cream (close-to-but-not white) linen suit. I've only owned linen sport coats and trousers, but they (especially if unlined) really do feel lighter in the summer.

As to the linen suit, Gregory Peck in "To Kill a Mockingbird" and Sidney Greenstreet in "Casablanca" come to mind - and they show how well it can be done.

I had a linen suit a number of years ago. It was off-white with a light brown pin stripe. Admittedly, the suit was a less expensive one (ok, it was "cheap"). I was less than impressed with the suit and the look. However, having since found a place that can make a suit for me that fits well, is of good quality, and for a reasonable price, I may just be having one made. It will be next year I'm sure, as the "linen suit season" is fast approaching a close. Of course a good linen suit will require me to find a good Panama hat. Funny how all that works ...

I had a linen suit a number of years ago. It was off-white with a light brown pin stripe. Admittedly, the suit was a less expensive one (ok, it was "cheap"). I was less than impressed with the suit and the look. However, having since found a place that can make a suit for me that fits well, is of good quality, and for a reasonable price, I may just be having one made. It will be next year I'm sure, as the "linen suit season" is fast approaching a close. Of course a good linen suit will require me to find a good Panama hat. Funny how all that works ...

Yup, that is how it works as you'll also "need" a sharp pair of light-colored spectators.

May be hard to find in a 14 EEE [huh]

Maybe Chris Craft would make you a pair :).

Kidding aside, you would probably have to go custom and, while I've never done that for shoes (thankfully, I am a perfect 11.5 D, which is quite common and the only OTR item for me that fits well without tailoring or tweaking), I can only image how silly expensive that would be. Allen Edmonds might do something in your size and they, periodically, carry spectators.

Or you could go with a white buck and, I'd bet, you could find someone who carries one in your size.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points