Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
That hat is perfect. You have a thread in hats talking about it?

Matt-
I have a thread from when I first got it, but it's changed a lot since then. It's a '50s 7x clear beaver with a mode edge. When I got it, it had a thin ribbon with a cattleman's crease. I re-ribboned it with the ribbon off another '50s vintage stetson, which other than the ribbon, was pretty trashed. It creases very easily, and holds shape. Right now it's in a narrow teardrop. It has some mothing issues, which isn't great, but it makes it so that I'm not afraid to use and abuse it. It's my daily wear hat, and can take anything I can throw at it.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I second what Grey Ghost said, some very lovely and lovely looking ladies in this thread. :)

Finally warm weather today.
Sorry for all the pics today but I like them all.

me014.jpg

me015.jpg

me016-1.jpg

me017-1.jpg

Cheers

Edit: Oh, I got an Indiana Jones comment wearing this too. :rolleyes:

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Thank you for kind words, all! It's nice to finally to get into some summer clothing.
Yesterday, went straight from work to this in 20 minutes (changed into shorts and stashed the suit at work)

DSC04963.jpg
31052008472.jpg

This morning, overly stripey shirt and jeans to work, changed into yesterday's suit, and there we are:

DSC04977.jpg
DSC04981.jpg

DSC04969.jpg

Lola Valentine said:

Brilliant! - any partic. event? And I'm curious about the jewellery. (Come to think about it, I'm sure collecting women's jewellery would be fruitful and i nteresting for many men, too...) ;)

Darhling said:

Fantastic photo, pose and all - it made me think of the young Joan Collins.
thunderw21 said:

This is a great photo. Like something of the Hopper/Wyeth school, only cheerier.

donCarlos

Practically Family
What an inspiration! Some closer info on the jacket? I see some interesting details...
I have trousers of similar color and I was afraid to wear them with linen jacket, because the "too close colors" problem. Now I see there´s no problem with light clothes and it will be ideal for tommorow.
thunderw21 said:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Cheers! Thanks for the kind words, folks. Classy as usual, Lucky Strike.

donCarlos said:
What an inspiration! Some closer info on the jacket? I see some interesting details...
I have trousers of similar color and I was afraid to wear them with linen jacket, because the "too close colors" problem. Now I see there´s no problem with light clothes and it will be ideal for tommorow.

Here's an earlier post about the jacket.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=566435&postcount=33

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Lucky Strike said:
Fantastic photo, pose and all - it made me think of the young Joan Collins.

Thank you so much Lucky, I really like the picture of you in the boat - is it Oslo you are in?

I got a very positive response on the hat tonight, makes me want to wear it some more!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_5387.jpg

white shirt
khakis
'30s vintage tie with polo scenes
herringbone vest with lapels
'50s adam pana-brisa panama
'50s doxa watch

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Thank you very much to everyone for their sweet compliments. It wasn't a particularly special event that I went to, just a monthly swing event in Edinburgh, but I had just gotten my dress back from the tailors so was adamant I was going to wear it. As for my jewellery, unfortunately it's not vintage, but it is pretty nonetheless!

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
MudInYerEye said:
AF t-shirt, Levi's 501, Doc Martens, braces left hanging.
l_50371e02203bdc125fd289691212b232.jpg

Not today but June 1st 1986. From WWPHS yearbook.

Wow! That takes me back to my high school days with the chelsea haircut, Fred Perrys, twill skirts, fishnet stockings, loafers and a Lonsdale jacket to top it off lol Oh how times have changed, now it's Victory Rolls and 40s dresses ;) But I still could go for a pint of Harp, laughs and the sound of the Specials playing in the background.

metropd

One Too Many
Lola Valentine said:
This what I wore when I was out last night. The dress is a 1930s find which I previously posted in the "Show us your purchases" thread. It's quite hard to see in this picture but the bust is velvet.

n61005476_35831685_9657.jpg

Lola, you look divine!

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Lola Valentine said:
This what I wore when I was out last night. The dress is a 1930s find which I previously posted in the "Show us your purchases" thread. It's quite hard to see in this picture but the bust is velvet.

n61005476_35831685_9657.jpg

Laura,
This looks lovely on you, as usual.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL