Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
More BLING with BING

LIKE the background/outfit colours

jms-7-30-09as.jpg

Solid Citizen ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
in Edwardian style today

This afternoon we all went to a River City Picnic (as in "Music Man") put on by a local group called PEERS at Historic Park in Alameda, CA.

My outfit
vintage pieces:
natural and black straw hat
Edwardian eyelasses
cotton netting overskirt with 3" bobbin lace at hem

vintage-inspired pieces:
beige battenberg umbrella
cameo earrings, bought in Greece
cream cotton Ralph Lauren tuxedo bib front shirt (upper collar removed) with MOP buttons
pearl necklace and cameo
Ralph Lauren wool herringbone weave waistcoat, buttons changed out
crocheted wrist length gloves
lt yellow handkerchief linen underskirt
white pintucked and lace Edwardian style camisole
heirloom sewn short bloomers with french lace
white long half slip with tucks and lace
beige low heeled shoes

370944460.jpg
370944535.jpg

family group picture, and the picnic we brought along
the Royal Worchester plates date to 1912, the Rock Crystal glassware (curved glass on the left) and purple crackle vase date to the early 1900s
370944441.jpg
370944568.jpg
370944684.jpg

FL member 15yo daughter Sarah in her vintage 1900s tea gown, worn with a vintage Edwardian slip with an initial "S" embroidered on it, and vintage-inspired embellished ladies pocket watch on beaded chain, white crocheted gloves, pink checked batternberg umbrella
370944510.jpg
with her 13yo brother Daniel- he needs an 8-panel cap!
370944576.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Chanteuse Carey, that is absolutely lovely! I wish I was there, it looks so inviting! I like Edwardian too and think that possibly would the most becoming style for me, alas it doesn't quite work for everyday wear. But you all look gorgeous!
I was looking at the antique centre the the day at a little slip and I think I'll go back for it. So far I only have 2 pairs of crochet gloves but I want more! And I want one of those parasols!

:eek:fftopic: I have now just started buying vintage as opposed to vintage inspired things and i have to say it's just worlds apart. It makes all the difference to me. The real thing just looks ...well, real, when you put it on, as opposed to just giving a faint hint with the "inspired" outfits. My wardrobe is on the go, and new - well old - things coming in. It's a very exciting time! :)

Torpedo

One Too Many
SolidCitizen, a combo of simple elements which works very well.

Marc, excellent outfit, with very good harmony of colours - not that one would expect less from you. But the real jewel in the pic is your daughter!:)

CCarey, I was missing you, but you have made a comeback with full steam! :eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I didn't wear anything real special today, so here's Mr. Sheb Wooley in my place wearing his vintage 1960s era straw hat and plaid vest.

ShebWooley003.jpg

What a dapper guy. ;)

babs

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
Today I wore a Gap t-shirt and a gap-toothed daughter...

Fatherhood awesome or what? :) 3 yr and almost 5 yr old here. Daddy-sunday attire.. Blue Conch Republic T-shirt today.. sorry no pic of the masterpiece. Neither of my two rug-rats made it out of PJ's either. :) It was leisurely tinker-toy lincoln-log Sunday, because tomorrow.. School beginneth for them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24