Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

alden405

A-List Customer
this isnt me but it shows why i have been away clearly,i hope

Photo34.jpg

Panache

A-List Customer
Back home from a family vacation that took us up to Victoria BC

Wearing a new set of brown kilt hose and new black belts.

DSC00345.jpg

The tie while not vintage is a favorite of mine with its walking stick pattern. I was given it new when I was about 19 which makes it over twenty years old...

:eek:

Maybe it is vintage!

:)

Cheers

Jamie

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Solid Citizen said:
Don't get TOO corn(EY)

QB give us an update on what happening with you in IOWA? Solid Citizen :D

Thanks for all the fun comments everyone. I went to a thrift store yesterday and found good vintage neckties for fifty cents!!!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
worn last night-for WWII convoy

Participated in a ride around town (San Jose, CA) in a WWII 1945 WC (Weapons Carrier) for the "Keep the Spirit of 45 Alive!" event. All vintage pieces, except for my snood that FL member Cherry_Red made for me and the Allyn Scura repro sunglasses!
371474621.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
today- WWII Sewing Impression

Here I am with all my "stuff" as a wife on the home front doing sewing and mending. This was at the "Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive!" event in San Jose, CA. Talked to people about the "Make Do and Mend" policy during the war, about vintage 40s clothing styles and materials, fabric shortages, home sewing and more. The WWII Army re-enactors were supposed to have a vintage tent for me- but when they tried to set it up, some key pieces were missing. Had to keep shifting the clothes rack with the vintage clothing into the shade as the afternoon progressed. Next door to me was a field hospital tent set up and FL member Genevieve was there as a WAC Nurse.

Wearing 40s vintage:
red/wht/blue rayon dress, shoes, jewelry and my 40s AO eyeglasses. I'm letting the hem down in a 40s vintage suit slip of Sarah's.
371474635.jpg
showing my entire set up, our kids painted the "Sewing for Victory!" and "Make Do and Mend!" banners
371475473.jpg
our two vintage 40s lovin' kids Daniel 13yo and Sarah 15yo. The quilt seen here is dated 1937 and was made for my FIL by his grandmother.
371476422.jpg
a family picture
371474629.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Here I am with all my "stuff" as a wife on the home front doing sewing and mending. This was at the "Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive!" event in San Jose, CA. Talked to people about the "Make Do and Mend" policy during the war, about vintage 40s clothing styles and materials, fabric shortages, home sewing and more. The WWII Army re-enactors were supposed to have a vintage tent for me- but when they tried to set it up, some key pieces were missing. Had to keep shifting the clothes rack with the vintage clothing into the shade as the afternoon progressed. Next door to me was a field hospital tent set up and FL member Genevieve was there as a WAC Nurse.

Wearing 40s vintage:
red/wht/blue rayon dress, shoes, jewelry and my 40s AO eyeglasses. I'm letting the hem down in a 40s vintage suit slip of Sarah's.
371474635.jpg
showing my entire set up, our kids painted the "Sewing for Victory!" and "Make Do and Mend!" banners
371475473.jpg
our two vintage 40s lovin' kids Daniel 13yo and Sarah 15yo. The quilt seen here is dated 1937 and was made for my FIL by his grandmother.
371476422.jpg
a family picture
371474629.jpg

Just how big is your collection? And just how big are your closets?? ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
The family's vintage collection is not (yet) too unmanageble in size.

Our 13yo son has the smallest amount of vintage items of the four of us-just can't find the goods in his size. I have the most, as I wear my vintage much more often. What you see on the clothing rack is just a sampling we brought along to show clothing (styles, materials) that a typical 40s family would have.

We don't have that big of closets! Our daughter's things are in my closet and Daniel's are in Chuck's closet.

Bugsy said:
Just how big is your collection? And just how big are your closets?? ;)

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
The family's vintage collection is not (yet) too unmanageble in size.

Our 13yo son has the smallest amount of vintage items of the four of us-just can't find the goods in his size. I have the most, as I wear my vintage much more often. What you see on the clothing rack is just a sampling we brought along to show clothing (styles, materials) that a typical 40s family would have.

We don't have that big of closets! Our daughter's things are in my closet and Daniel's are in Chuck's closet.

All I can say is most impressive!! Are you good people going to be at the Gatsby Summer Afternoon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto