Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Edward

Bartender
Thanks. The "shacket" is a 40's-50's Finnish deadstock. Found a load of vintage stuff these included lately. Got some similar shackets meant for outing as well, made of beige gabardine. Very nice.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for those over here.... it looks fabulous. Puts me in mind of a cross between a Levis denim jacket and a British Battle Dress tunic. And it looks superb the way you have layered it. I often wear a waistcoat in this way, under a leather jacket, in Autumn, Spring or on very mild Winter days.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
tyolais1.jpg

tyolais2.jpg

tyolais3.jpg

tyolais.jpg
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

In Kools and Sproily I see the Dawn of The New Golden Era, can I say: Platinum Era? You guys rule in style.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Kind of a cross between the classic U.S. Navy aviator look and 1950s rockabilly... I had an exam for my history course, so this inspired quite a bit of my confidence.

Photoon2011-02-28at14562.jpg

Looking sharp, everyone.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Got a suit off eBay, first time wearing it today. The legs appear to have been narrowed considerably, I think I'm going to open up the inseam and outseams and return them to their previous width. I've done that with two other vintage suits that were narrowed, I'm just not a fan of narrow trousers.

Montague Burton gray flannel suit (late '50s or '60s?)
Loake cap-toe brogues
'30s tie
Lee fedora
Shirt collar has CC41 mark
Red Thurston boxcloth braces
Deco snap links

DSC05933.jpg

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Wow! NickD, Orgetorix, you guys are really sharp in those suits! I honestly can't remember if I've ever been in a suit. You guys work in the office and wear these often? Nick, love the chain and monocle! Sharp touch!

Dixiecap

New in Town
Got another hour or so before I need to be back at college so I thought i'd take a photo, quite a casual 40's style college look today. This is how I usually dress for college - trousers and a jumper and shirt - I wouldn't wear a tie as someone would probably choke me with it....

Round neck sweater
White Shirt
Brown Trousers
Converse - yes I wear them all the time for college
tumblr_lhdqixBlxt1qfg6hwo1_1280.jpg

*its not my mirror its my sisters, but being tall there was no way I could take a full length photo in my room :p

RobStC

A-List Customer
The legs appear to have been narrowed considerably, I think I'm going to open up the inseam and outseams and return them to their previous width.

Montague Burton gray flannel suit (late '50s or '60s?)

DSC05933.jpg

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Nice looking suit, Nick - very classic. And yes, someone was a bit over zealous with narrowing the trousers, weren't they? Hope they go back wider without any problems.....

RobStC

Hal

Practically Family
The legs appear to have been narrowed considerably, I think I'm going to open up the inseam and outseams and return them to their previous width...Montague Burton gray flannel suit (late '50s or '60s?)
A smart-looking suit, indeed! I would not be surprised if it is older than the period you suggest, as wider trousers are characteristic of an earlier period and narrower trousers were coming in during the late '50s and virtually standard by about 1962. Might the trousers have been narrowed, rather than made, during the late '50s or early 60's?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Dressed similarly to, but not exactly the same, as yesterday. The sunglasses are new, bought them today, but they were just six dollars. I thought they looked good for the price though. They'll be a good knock-around pair to have in addition to my more expensive Ray-Bans.

Photoon2011-03-01at1741.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, gents!

Hal, I will post before and after photos, along with some details pics and the tags, in the Show Us Your Suits thread once they're done. It will be a bit more involved than the others becase the back part of the inseam at the crotch was taken in as well, not just tapering starting below the join. This means that the seat will be let out a bit as well, which will improve the fit, which is a little tight when I sit (it's odd that it was taken in as well, because the waistband was let out as far as it will go).

Bourne ID, I wear suits almost every day during the colder months. I'm trying to expand my summer wardrobe, which is smaller. I'm more comfortable in a well-fitting suit than I am in jeans and t-shirt. I don't work in an office, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner