Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, ws1!

Today:

DSC05893.jpg

DSC05894.jpg

DSC05896-1.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
About to head into town to meet up with my mol and friends. Won't be going anywhere particularly so I decided to wear this "casual" suit for the first time. Please excuse the ill-looking expression - it took about 20 tries to take a photo which I didn't feel embarrassed about posting here :eek:.
Photo438.jpg

-50s suit (the colour is "duller" than in this picture)
-40s tie with a polka dot pattern
-50s cufflinks
-modern trench coat (probably not more than ten years old)

Last edited:

redtag

Banned
Nice suit, Orgetorix. But I think it is your necktie that truly nailed it. I would try browsing through the whole thread to get a few good points on how I should dress vintage-style.

sproily

Practically Family
Some pictures from an event I was attending: a winter Tweed Run here in Helsinki.

kahvillaIMG_2465.JPG

13_helmikuu_08.jpg

13_helmikuu_09.jpg

(The two latter pictures courtesy of http://kristakeltanenblog.com/2011/02/winter-tweed-run-helsinki-2011 )

Purple and white stripe shirt with detachable collar, collar bar and tie pin. Double breasted waistcoat, gray flannel trousers, spats and 30's dress boots. On the noggin a 30's Borsalino homburg.

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
For those of you who doubt that it rains in Southern California...(Yeah, I'm in my classroom, but at least I was able to get a full shot for once...)

A DB, wool gabardine overcoat from Hong Kong (no manufacturer's label), very heavy; my SB, two-button, gray Palace Clothiers suit with light blue and maroon pinstripes, c.mid-60s(?); Nordstrom's cotton shirt; a Haband rayon tie with moon motif, c.mid-'50s; Jaxon wool fedora; Mezlan dress shoes (Spain). Makes me feel like Dana Andrews (with a moustache).

Photo36-1.jpg
Photo37-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner