Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Some photos of today's getup...

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Got a lot of comments from people at the party tonight about how nicely I'd decked myself out.

EDSLocklear

New in Town
And socks?

That's the kind of suit I want, except with a different tie and darker (and not pin stripe) vest.

I should have a picture of my gentleman's attire soon.

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I did have shoes and socks when I went out, don't worry! Brown laceless leather shoes + brown socks.

The coat and waistcoat aren't part of a suit, but they are of a similar, storm-cloud grey shade, so I put them together in the same outfit. The shirt is sky-blue and the tie is medium grey with white and red stripes. I'm hoping to buy myself a pair of grey trousers to try and 'marry' a 'suit' together, so to speak. So far, haven't found one.

I had considered going to the party in the one suit I ACTUALLY own, but it's a hideous black & green chalkstripe monstrosity. I've only worn it once and I can't stand it.

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Worn yesterday afternoon (after swimming at the Y), and then to Beg and Int. Foxtrot classes in the evening:
sleeveless linen color block sheath dress, with Kate Spade summer necklace, gold Coach watch. All from Nordstrom. The dress is several years old, and is now too big with having lost weight. Still, a favourite piece in my 'nice dresses' wardrobe, so I'll get it altered soon.

IMG_1282.jpg

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I just moved into my new apartment and now I am headed down to NOLA for a mini vacation before school. I needed something cool, packable, and versatile, so I ended up with this look.
Photo14-2.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately no picture at the moment, though I'll see if I can somehow produce one. Since it was only 20°C and I was going for a coffee with a friend I decided that a navy blue MTM suit, white shirt with 60s cufflinks, a red 30s tie, a grey waistcoat with pocket watch, a grey fedora and brown and cream correspondent shoes would not be too overdressed :p.

EDIT: Here are some pictures. Please excuse the miserable looking facial expression and the Third Man reminiscient angle.
img1354u.jpg
img1352t.jpg

The suit isn't actually striped, it has a herringbone weave which catches the light in such a way that it appears to be a shadow striped pattern from a distance.

Last edited:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
^^I think it made for a good combo; would have like to have seen the shoes, though. And if you don't mind me asking, Alan, besides being English, do you have some other background in you, perhaps French?
Thanks. :)

Here's the shoe. I wouldn't normally wear brown shoes with as dark a blue suit as this but I find the darkness of the brown makes it work.
Photo481.jpg

No French background (other than a basic command of the language, sufficient to perhaps ask for directions) but I am half German. My mother is German and I was born in Germany and lived there until '97 and still speak it fluently without any obvious English accent. My father is English but worked as an export manager in Germany which is how he met my mother. How did you come to ask?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
^^Thanks for posting a photo of the shoes. Regarding your background, I just saw something in your facial features which hinted at other than Anglo-Saxon background, but I didn't think it was German. Good that you still speak the language without an English accent.
German is still Anglo-Saxon :p. I have a little bit of Jewish ancestry as well, so it could be that (especially the big nose).

Tomasso said:
Get yourself some shoe trees before you make a grown man cry........
I will do. They look even worse at the moment as a result of being packed whilst wet after my very rainy trip to Berlin recently.

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
German is still Anglo-Saxon :p. I have a little bit of Jewish ancestry as well, so it could be that (especially the big nose).

Yes, it might be the Jewish ancestry that I see.

Off topic, but...I thought that just about all the ancient Angles left Germany for Britain, leaving their former land barren. For that reason, I really wouldn't consider a modern "German" to be Anglo-Saxon, though I could be wrong.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo